• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure 0 at Idle and 20 while driving?

I just changed my oil and put a Fram Double Guard Filter and my OP actually is higher than before....

Probably be even better with a Wix, Napa Gold, or Mopar.

Could also be because of the new oil.

What myself, and I believe Old-Man, are advocating for the OP to do is change JUST the filter fopr a quality one and see what happens.

I will use NO Fram products. Any company that knowingly produces an inferior product for many years, that causes the American public's engines to fail, will never get another penny out of me.

See I'd never used a Fram filter before until I talked to a local Jeep Fabricator/Mechanic and he said the new fram filters are actually really good. I went in to buy a WIX but they were out and was changing my oil that day so I just grabbed the fram. Sounds like I may change it again to change the filter....

Mine suddenly began going to 80 psi at start up, 60 at idle when warm.(usual was 60/30). Changed the sender, same high reading. Swapped out the Purolator for a Napa Gold, and the old readings returned. For whatever reason, filters can be one reason for strange oil pressure readings. Change the filter to Wix/Napa and let us know what happens.

Mine suddenly began going to 80 psi at start up, 60 at idle when warm.(usual was 60/30). Changed the sender, same high reading. Swapped out the Purolator for a Napa Gold, and the old readings returned. For whatever reason, filters can be one reason for strange oil pressure readings. Change the filter to Wix/Napa and let us know what happens.

I'm not sold on Purolator. Wix, Napa Gold, or Mopar.

Donaldson and Baldwin filters are on par as well. I believe one of these companies makes the wix filters. I know that Donaldson makes the Amsoil filters.
I believe that the Carquest BLUE filters are the same as the Wix/Napa Gold.

Even most likely not, but the ONLY Fram oil filter I would run is one of their canister filters if I had a vehicle such equipped to use one.

Pretty sure Wix is still made by Dana...

even Fram's canister filters aren't what they used to be, they used to have depth-type elements for their bypass filters but don't sell them anymore (I used to have a '62 Studebaker; Stude didn't introduce full flow filtration until midway through the '62 model year and mine was early)

There are other oil filters out there that are good. It's just that Wix, Napa gold, and Mopar are easy to find. Walmart carries the Mopar for 91 and later.

If you want to have a wider selection of oil filters available for your Renix motor, get a 53007563AB filter nipple from the dealer and replace your metric nipple.

So did I until my oil pressure went wacky. I know, one case doesn't condemn
all Pure Ones, but everything I read points to the quality of Wicks, Napa Gold & Baldwin. So that's all I use now.

K&N oil filters, LOL.:D

Back