• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Leak in Transmission Coolant Line ?

ryderxxxmc

NAXJA Forum User
My g/f has a '94 XJ and when her dad dropped it off at the shop to get it looked at for winter service they said something about a leak in the transmission coolant line but that it would be good until spring atleast.

I was wondering where exactly this line is and how hard it is to replace (I work on my dodge myself alot so I can do/learn many things if I'm directed). Also, just how bad of a situation is this ? I've noticed leaking since before she bought it but all my buddies have jeeps and say its not abnormal esp. for older ones...and I figure it's a straight 6 so they run forever.

Thanks !

well there are two collant lines. take a look at teh drives side of the radiator. There are two metal lines going into the radiator. The top one is the feed line, hot coolant from the transmission flows in through there. The lower line is the return line, after the trans juice is cooled then is flows back through that line back to the trans. I cant tell you what line is leaking just take a look under there and follow the lines. They have to be leaking at one of the connectors that it goes from metal to rubber pipe. Mine is leaking there and I need to fix it. I am either going to buy a new line or just cut and replace it and hope it doesnt make a leak from the pressure.

Hope that helped

Back