• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Leak? damn it....

That all sounds normal to me.

Your good.

When in doubt, throw a mechanical gauge on to verify.

Good luck.

LDS 465 in it? I had an M543A1 wrecker crane with the LDS 465 Multi-fuel engine in it. Was prone to putting fuel into the oil until I figured out what caused it.
yup. Blew a 3" chunk of the head gasket out the back of the head Saturday due to overheating on the trip home from PA back at the start of August. Got parts on order...

I love driving it, it just keeps having its way with my wallet. I'd kill for a wrecker right now but I don't have space for 2 cars, nevermind 3 cars and the army truck :looney: 3 cars and two army trucks would really be pushing it.

Ok all leaks are gone, I put a new rear ccv hose on, changed the oil and oil filter.
And here is how it goes, when I first start it oil pressure on dash in at zero for maybe a
Half a second but goes up to about 60 after, while driving awhile it stays at about 60
most of the time but if I take my foot off it goes down to around 40. And if I'm driving for about an hour it drops to around 20 on the dash gage at idle and around 40-50 if I have my foot on the gas. It wont ever go below 20, just seems low is this normal? I used 10w 30. I'm being paranoid now.
I usually idle around 20 and run 40psi or so while driving. Sounds like you're doing OK, unless you tweaked the gauge sender a bit when you installed the new filter, it's pretty easy to do.

Your good.

When in doubt, throw a mechanical gauge on to verify.

Good luck.
X2. If it disagrees a lot with the stock gauge, try replacing the sender, like I said they are easy to break.

Back