• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Sign-up Thread

board name -Poison

Real name -Jim & Bonnie Emery

Date of Arrival -8/7/04

Date of Departure -8/14/04, Maybe staying longer.

Ouray only, BV only, or both -Both

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon -No

Number of people in your group -2

Number of XJ's in your group -1

Are you camping at Ridgway (Ouray portion) - Yes

Have you booked your site already, what # - Yes site number -#158 Elk Ridge Loop E

If not camping, where are you staying -

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - Yes

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers ___2___ number of tents ___1_______

If you are not staying with the group, where will you be staying -

Trail options, please give me an idea of your trail preference.

Ouray, What is your preference for trail difficulty?

Easy -
Right in here
Medium -

or Wild?

Note that the Wild wheelers will be taking on the trails in Montrose, a little north of Ouray, these trails are "body damage certain"

BV/Nathrop

What is your preference for trails?

Easy -
Here again
Medium -

Hard -

Wild (Carnage Canyon, body damage definite) -

Volunteers needed. Are you able to help with any of the following?

Trail leaders/tail gunners, previous CO trail experience and attendance at a previous event preferred. Please give me an idea of the level trails you would like to help on, and whether you'd prefer leading or tail gunning. -First event I'll set this one out, unless you're in a pinch.

Tech Inspectors, will be doing a quick check at each trail head for compliance with requirements, as presently stated in the by-laws. -

Tour guides, are you planning on taking a day or two off from wheeling and doing some other activity? Wanna share your favourite fishing spot? Let us know -

some other ?'s

Are you a member - Yes

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - Yes

KC Jeep Club

If not a member, would you like more information concerning member benefits? - Not applicable, I am a member

Does your rig currently meet the suggested guidelines? - Will be soon

Do you have any suggestions? -No

board name - hjeepxj

Real name -Andrew Heesacker

Date of Arrival -8/7/04

Date of Departure -8/14/04, Maybe staying longer.

Ouray only, BV only, or both -Both

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon -No

Number of people in your group -?

Number of XJ's in your group - ? Could be just me or 2 or 3 others

Are you camping at Ridgway (Ouray portion) - Not Yet

Have you booked your site already, what # -

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - Yes

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers ______ number of tents __________

Easy/Medium/Hard, no Wild

Note that the Wild wheelers will be taking on the trails in Montrose, a little north of Ouray, these trails are "body damage certain"

BV/Nathrop

Easy/Medium/Hard - No Wild

Trail leaders/tail gunners, previous CO trail experience and attendance at a previous event preferred. Please give me an idea of the level trails you would like to help on, and whether you'd prefer leading or tail gunning. -First event I'll set this one out, unless you're in a pinch.

Not for said part of CO

Tech Inspectors, will be doing a quick check at each trail head for compliance with requirements, as presently stated in the by-laws. -

Ill do it if needed

Tour guides, are you planning on taking a day or two off from wheeling and doing some other activity? Wanna share your favourite fishing spot? Let us know -

some other ?'s

Are you a member - Yes

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who?

If not a member, would you like more information concerning member benefits? - Not applicable, I am a member

Does your rig currently meet the suggested guidelines? - Word.

Do you have any suggestions? - Dont bash us to much if we bring some scouts and Toyota's. :D:D:D

board name - MMIXJ

Real name - Terry Breheny

Date of Arrival - 8/11*

Date of Departure - when it's all over...

Ouray only, BV only, or both - *TBD (likely only BV)

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - negative

Number of people in your group - solo

Number of XJ's in your group - solo

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - yes please

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers ___1___ number of tents ____1____

BV/Nathrop

What is your preference for trails? hard

Tech Inspectors, will be doing a quick check at each trail head for compliance with requirements, as presently stated in the by-laws. - sure

Are you a member - not yet...

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - JP Mag ;-)

If not a member, would you like more information concerning member benefits? - yes

Does your rig currently meet the suggested guidelines? - yes

Tour guides, are you planning on taking a day or two off from wheeling and doing some other activity? - will likely have my mtn bike w/ me for some riding...

Do you have any suggestions? - we should make plans for a group shot on the last day

board name - * Jeep

Real name - * Michel Mitchell

Date of Arrival - * Aug. 7

Date of Departure - * Aug. 11

Ouray only, BV only, or both - * Ouray only

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - yes/no * NO

Number of people in your group - * One

Number of XJ's in your group - * One

Are you camping at Ridgway (Ouray portion) - yes/no * Yes

Have you booked your site already, what # - yes/no site number - * Loop E #163 (J Sprague booked the site)

If not camping, where are you staying - * N/A

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - yes/no * N/A

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers ___One___ number of tents ___One______

If you are not staying with the group, where will you be staying - * N/A

Easy - *****

Medium - *****

or Wild?

BV/Nathrop

What is your preference for trails? * N/A

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Volunteers needed. Are you able to help with any of the following? * I'm still pretty green at this stuff.

Trail leaders/tail gunners, previous CO trail experience and attendance at a previous event preferred. Please give me an idea of the level trails you would like to help on, and whether you'd prefer leading or tail gunning. -

some other ?'s

Are you a member - yes/no * No

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - yes/no * No
UFWDA/BRC/Other

If not a member, would you like more information concerning member benefits? - yes/no or not applicable, I am a member * Yes, after this run.

Does your rig currently meet the suggested guidelines? - yes/no * Not yet but working on it :(

Do you have any suggestions? - * No, just looking forward to the beautiful Colorado Mountains.

NAXJA board name - YELLAHEEP

Real name - Troy and Shari Betka

Date of Arrival - Sat. August 7th

Date of Departure - Sat. Aug 14th

Ouray only, BV only, or both - Both

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - yes/no Possibly

Number of people in your group - 2

Number of XJ's in your group - 1

Are you camping at Ridgway (Ouray portion) - yes

Have you booked your site already, what #117

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - yes

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers _2_____ number of tents _1_________

- Wild

BV/Nathrop

Hard - Wild

Tech Inspectors, will be doing a quick check at each trail head for compliance with requirements, as presently stated in the by-laws. - Sure

Some other ?'s

Are you a member - yes

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who?
- yes UFWDA

Does your rig currently meet the suggested guidelines?
- yes

board name - poomba

Real name - Jon Reese

Date of Arrival - 7 august

Date of Departure - whenever I need to go, to get to Rubicon

Ouray only, BV only, or both - both.

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - yes

Number of people in your group - 1

Have you booked your site already, what # - yes/no site number - not yet

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - yes

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers ___1___ number of tents _____1_____

Trail options, please give me an idea of your trail preference. prefer scenery, so dunno which that is.

Ouray, What is your preference for trail difficulty? easy/medium Don't have time to repair damage and make it to Rubicon

Easy -

Medium -

or Wild?

BV/Nathrop

What is your preference for trails? Don't care, just want to see something other than sagebrush. Again, easy/medium

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

Volunteers needed. Are you able to help with any of the following? No exp in CO. If you want me to bring something to help out, let me know.

Trail leaders/tail gunners, previous CO trail experience and attendance at a previous event preferred. Please give me an idea of the level trails you would like to help on, and whether you'd prefer leading or tail gunning. -

some other ?'s

Are you a member - yes

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - yes/no
UFWDA/BRC/Other UFWDA and some others that support legislation.

If not a member, would you like more information concerning member benefits? - not applicable, I am a member

Do you have any suggestions? Nope. Just have to work my way thru who I need to contact for reservations. Been putting it off, cuz, I hate doing this stuff :p

board name - Sandman Xj

Real name - Steven Sandoval

Date of Arrival - 6th

Date of Departure - 8th

BV/ Holy Cross

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - no

Are you camping at Ridgway (Ouray portion) - no

Have you booked your site already, what # - no site number -

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - no

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers ______ number of tents __________

If you are not staying with the group, where will you be staying - In Leadville

Easy -

Medium -

or Wild?

BV/Nathrop

Easy -

Medium -

Hard - Holy Cross

some other ?'s

Are you a member - yes/

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - /no
UFWDA/BRC/Other

If not a member, would you like more information concerning member benefits? - yes/no or not applicable, I am a member

Does your rig currently meet the suggested guidelines? - Yes
Do you have any suggestions? -

I plan to meet you guys up Holy Cross Friday Morning and then come back down also on friday. Thne Run Chinaman's on Saturday.

Grant said:
NAXJA board name - 91 Jeep Project

Real name - DJ Kittrell

Date of Arrival - August 7th

Date of Departure - August 14th

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - No

Number of XJ's in your group - 2 (hjeepxj aka Andrew Heesacker)

Are you camping at Ridgway (Ouray portion) - Yes

Have you booked your site already, what # - Yes site number - 159

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the NAXJA group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - Yes

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of campers - 2 number of tents - 1

Easy
Medium

BV/Nathrop

Easy
Medium

some other ?'s

Are you a NAXJA member - Yes

Does your rig currently meet the suggested NAXJA guidelines? - Yes

Do you have any suggestions? The group photo was a good idea

Slight Change of Plans

NAXJA board name - Walter B.

Real name - Walter Bolden

Date of Arrival - August 7th

Date of Departure - August 15th

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - no :bawl:

Have you booked your site already, what # - no - Anybody want to split a site?

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the NAXJA group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - yes

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers ___1___ number of tents ___1_______

Ouray, What is your preference for trail difficulty? Medium

BV/Nathrop

Medium

Volunteers needed. Are you able to help with any of the following? Tech Inspector

Are you a NAXJA member - yes

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - yes
UFWDA

Does your rig currently meet the suggested NAXJA guidelines? - yes

Do you have any suggestions? - Not at the moment.

board name - mtnranger #906 Conifer, Colorado

Real name - Barry Barton

Date of Arrival - 8-6-04 late

Date of Departure - 8-8-04 noon (work on mon.)

Ouray only, BV only, or both - Ouray only

Number of people in your group - 1-2

Number of XJ's in your group -1-2

Have you booked your site already, what # - no

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - yes/no

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of campers ___1-2___ number of tents ____1-2______

Trail options, please give me an idea of your trail preference. Easy/Medium

Ouray, What is your preference for trail difficulty? Just getting into 4wheeling don't want to get in over my head too quick

Easy

Medium

BV/Nathrop

Easy -

Medium -

Hard -

some other ?'s

Are you a member - yes

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - not really, contacted patrol #9 of mhjc but have not hooked up yet (just finished lift)

If not a member, would you like more information concerning member benefits? - am a member

Do you have any suggestions? - Thumbs up for Tom's BBQ for Sat. Maybe a short run Sunday morn. to start for those like me (if there are any) that have to bug out because of work on Mon.

board name -eshel

Real name - eshel & pam travis/ possibly my son paul also.

Date of Arrival - 8 aug.

Date of Departure - 14 aug.

Ouray only, BV only, or both - probably both.

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - no.

Number of people in your group -2-3.

Number of XJ's in your group - 1.

Are you camping at Ridgway (Ouray portion) - yes.

Have you booked your site already, what # - yes. site number - 181.

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - yes.

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers ___1___ number of tents _____1_____

Easy - yes

Medium - yes

or Wild? possibly

BV/Nathrop

Easy - yes.

Medium - yes.

Hard - yes.

Wild (Carnage Canyon, body damage definite) - no.

Tail gunners, previous CO trail experience and attendance at a previous event preferred. Please give me an idea of the level trails you would like to help on, and whether you'd prefer leading or tail gunning. -tail.

some other ?'s

Are you a member - yes.

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - yes.
UFWDA/TMTC.

If not a member, would you like more information concerning member benefits? - yes/no or not applicable, I am a member

Does your rig currently meet the suggested guidelines? - yes.

board name - Tim_MN

Real name - Tim Wirtz

Date of Arrival - Sat. Aug 7th

Date of Departure - Aug 14th

Ouray only, BV only, or both - BOTH

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - NO

-Are you camping at Ridgway (Ouray portion) - YES

Have you booked your site already, what # - E-178

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - YES

Easy - Yes

Medium - Maybe

or Wild? NO

BV/Nathrop

Easy - YES

Medium - Maybe

Hard - NO

Wild (Carnage Canyon, body damage definite) - NO

Tech Inspectors, will be doing a quick check at each trail head for compliance with requirements, as presently stated in the by-laws. - YES

some other ?'s

Are you a member - YES

Do you support any other offroad organizations? YES Who? MN4WDA
UFWDA

If not a member, would you like more information concerning member benefits? - not applicable, I am a member

Does your rig currently meet the suggested guidelines? - YES

board name - Garthbmn7

Real name - Garth Bergman

Date of Arrival - 11th or 12th
Date of Departure - 13th

Ouray only, BV only, or both - BV

Are you planning on participating in XJ Fest 2004: California/Rubicon - yes/no NO

Number of XJ's in your group -
Are you camping at Ridgway (Ouray portion) - yes/no NO

Have you booked your site already, what # - yes/no site number -

In Buena Vista, will you be camping in the group site at Chalk Creek Campground (already booked, cost is $7/person/night) - yes/no POSSIBLY

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers ___1___ number of tents ______1____

If you are not staying with the group, where will you be staying - Anywhere I can

Ouray, What is your preference for trail difficulty? N/A

Easy - N/A

Medium - N/A

or Wild? N/A

BV/Nathrop

What is your preference for trails? easy enough to be able to drive back to MN by the 15th

Easy - Yes

Medium - Yes

Hard - No

Wild (Carnage Canyon, body damage definite) - Definitely Not

Volunteers needed. Are you able to help with any of the following? NO

some other ?'s Not sure that I can attend yet. Wife has a step-family reunion in Evergreen CO all week. IF I can escape I will be there! IS Chalk Creek full?Let me know if this is a problem

Are you a member - yes/no YES

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - yes/no MN4WDA, UFWDA
UFWDA/BRC/Other

Does your rig currently meet the suggested guidelines? - yes/no YES

Do you have any suggestions? - Cross your fingers and give me ideas to tell wife!!!

board name - tuxxj

Real name - Paul Johnson

Date of Arrival - 8/7/04

Date of Departure - 8/14/04

Ouray only, BV only, or both - both

Number of people in your group - two

Number of XJ's in your group - one

Have you booked your site already, what # - no

Number of campers in your family for group site camping, number of tents - number of campers __2____ number of tents _____1_____

Easy -

Medium - medium

or Wild?

BV/Nathrop

Easy -

Medium - medium

Hard -

some other ?'s

Are you a member - yes

Do you support any other offroad organizations? Who? - no
UFWDA/BRC/Other

Do you have any suggestions? - no

Back