• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

off road trailer project

friscokidd

NAXJA Forum User
Started to build an off-road "camping" trailer, but then sold the jeep and now we are moving, so I need it gone. Asking $250

2"x .120" square tube frame
1-7/8" coupler (all i had laying around)
1" x .120" square tube up-rights
1" x 14ga. square tube for fenders
16ga. steel sides and floor
stock XJ leaf springs
gutted D35 for axle (no brakes or ring/pinion)
pretty warn 31's with XJ 5-spoke wheels (have 3, so there is a spare)
tail gate is 1" x .120" square tube w/ 16ga. facia(sp) (not show in pic)

measurements:
box = 42" out to out
box = 40" inside to inside
box = 72" out to out
box = 70" inside to inside
tongue to tailgate = 11'-2" (made it this long so it could be completely jacked-knifed and not hit the bumper of the tow rig)

Like i said in the title, this is a 75% finished off road trailer. There will need to be some work to make it usable. It will come with tail/brake lights and wiring for these lights. The box on the front of the trailer is NOT bolted or welded on yet. It will come with the trailer though.

Needed to make road worthy:

all light wiring ran and hooked up
side marker lights (if desired)
tailgate hinges welded to gate and frame (if desired)
double check all welds (its been a while, so im not 100% sure all of the welds are full welds and not just tack welds)
new tires (not 100% critical, but will need soon)
fluid in the D35
paint (and or duh)
all necessary stuff to have it plated and a vin # to it. (first time around so not totally sure what is needed, but your local DMV should tell ya)

Any questions, just shoot me a pm.

2014-03-21150951.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2014-03-21151007.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2014-03-21151031.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cross posted to FR4x4.

Back