• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM CPS in San Diego

vehicle info?

the napa Echlin brand bought out Standard electric 10 or so years ago, i would go there if you want to save some bucks or the dealer if you want the best possible part you can get. if you want to go napa i'll get you the part number you need, all i need to know is year/make/model/engine etc.

95, XJ, Sport, 4x4, 4.0 The first one worked fine for a week or so then quit and the second right out of the box. I have a post on the OEM tech side of all the things I've done to ensure it's not something else.

i saw your post in OEM tech, missed the answer to the question of whether or not you got out the meter and tested the sensor itself to rule out another problem. have you done that?

the part number you need is CSS613 (NAPA). the reason the dealer is asking you for your vin is there is a regular and high altitude version of the crank sensor, the HA version advances the timing slightly to make up for the lower volume of oxygen in the incoming air.

If I let it set for 5-10 seconds it will fire right back up. By the time I can stop, open the hood, disconnect the connector, throw the meter on the pins, it checks good, but it will start right back up when I reach through the window. I can't catch it, my FA moves to slow.

Back