• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

October 7 Run

My Jeep club is running Swamp on the 7th and 8th. You are more than welcome to join us. Good group of people.

mikep said:
Can noobies come and play?

Whats your rig like? Usually the minimun for Swamp is: 31" tires, 3" lift, front and rear tow points. We would also prefer everyone have at least a rear LS or locker. Also , no welded D35's with 33" tires or larger. ;)

Make sure you have armor, if your rig is in the 3" 31" tire range you need skid plates for the tcase, gas tank, and if you care about body damage nerf bars.

mikep said:
Can noobies come and play?
To be honest, I have not had a chance to run this trail before. So I will be noob on this one myself:laugh3: I am looking forward to something diferent. I hope it is full width friendly.

Last edited:
ChuckD said:
Whats your rig like? Usually the minimun for Swamp is: 31" tires, 3" lift, front and rear tow points. We would also prefer everyone have at least a rear LS or locker. Also , no welded D35's with 33" tires or larger. ;)

Make sure you have armor, if your rig is in the 3" 31" tire range you need skid plates for the tcase, gas tank, and if you care about body damage nerf bars.

I think I have that covered. I have an '01, HPD30, 8.25, "upgraded" 4.5" RE Superflex with 31's (to be 32's in the not toooo distant future). Open front, No-Slip in the back. Skids for tcase, gas tank and Detours rock rails, C-Rok Rear Bumper w/Spare tire carrier and a Rigid Co. front all painted up and waiting to go on.

Things have been a little busy in the last year and I've had a lot more time to build than wheel. :D

ChuckD said:

when I was there earlier this year, we got stock CARBED CJ's on 31's open / open through... according to thoes that know - swamp isnt near what it used to be...

Oh yeah - and I could ride down with someone on the 7th, but Gas from sac to Shaver would be tight to swing...

now gas from Sac to Barret, 'con, Fordyce, Moonrocks... that could be worked out :D

I am going for sure. But, I am going with my Jeep club, so I am going to stay with that group. Anyone is welcome to join up with us if they want. I am probably going to go Friday night. See you there.

My plan was to camp on or around the Bald Mtn Trail. Then early Saturday morning drive through Swamp and hopefully have lunch at Grouse Lake, which is about half way.

I'm going to try to talk my Brother-in-law to go with me, but he already has been on Swamp this year, so hopefully Ben and others will at least meet me there on Saturday so i don't go alone.

I am going. I was planning on coming up Saturday morning, but am leaning towards camping Friday night.

what is swamp run like? Lots of mud? very hard? Just curious as i just moved to monterey and it seems pretty close.

DSCF0008.JPG

This isn't Swamp but it is the same terain.

Back