• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oct. 15th, Fall Jeep Poker run, St. Louis area

Bounty Hunter

NAXJA Forum User
SIJA's Fall Jeep Poker Run will be held on Saturday, Oct. 15th, beginning at the museum in the historic district of St. Genevieve, MO, at 10:00 am. We will have several scenic stops and will end at Fort Kaskaskia between Chester, IL, and Ellis Grove, IL.

The precise starting location is:
Ste Genevieve Museum
Intersection of Merchant & Du Bourg
Sainte Genevieve, MO 63670
N37º58.777
W90º02.781
Phone: (573) 883-3461

We will be in the large parking lot on the north side of the museum, parking space permitting. Overflow parking will be around the square. Admission to the museum is $2 adult, $.50 children.
ste_gen_museum2.jpg

Poker hands will be $5 each, with no limit to # of hands. 50% of proceeds will be paid to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Poker hands. There will be a 2-card draw option at the final stop for $2 per card.

Camping is available at Fort Kaskaskia, it's availability will be confirmed. Ft. Kaskaskia is a beautiful park on the bluff overlooking the confluence of the Mississippi and Kaskaskia rivers.

There will be a monthly meeting held at Fort Kaskaskia after the Poker Run. BYO BBQ with charcoal grilles provided.

The Modoc Ferry to St. Genevieve should be open at 6am, I believe it's $8 1-way if that's how you choose to get to St. Gen. We'll be returning via the Chester bridge so no Ferry $$ required for the return. Round-trip pass is $12 (return trip useable anytime).

Please bring a canned good to benefit those locally in need.

A friendly reminder, there is no-alcohol permitted at this event, until the event ends at Fort Kaskaskia.

Come on out and enjoy the Missouri and Illinois countryside and points of interest with other Jeep enthusiasts.

sgmap4.gif

3.jpg

Are you going to stop and take a pic of Popeye?:wave:

I've got family in St. Gen. I may join you. I'll talk to them and see whats up that weekend.

You bet, along with many other nice scenic stops and routes. Come along, you just might win some money to boot. I know at least 2 or 3 attendees will have thier gas taken care of with the winnings ;)

Back