• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**NWChapter Random Thoughts Thread***

currently doing that... would rather drive something semi fuel efficient

Been reading up on the old two stroke Detroit's. I think another project just got added to my bucket list. :greensmok

Maybe a J-series pickup with a Detroit?

That thing's making all the right noises.

On another note, I'm getting tired of Tapatalk being different every damn time I open the app. There's something to be said for consistency.

I tried tapatalk once.. Didnt care for it..

I do like the fact you can host Pictures directly from the app instead of a 3rd party, Tho

They had it pretty well dialed in around thanksgiving last year. Then they did the holiday update. It has been down hill since then. Imo. Now there is a limit on how many pics per post(4 i think) they will host and took alot of getting used to the new format. The search has always sucked though. I use google for that.

They had it pretty well dialed in around thanksgiving last year. Then they did the holiday update. It has been down hill since then. Imo. Now there is a limit on how many pics per post(4 i think) they will host and took alot of getting used to the new format. The search has always sucked though. I use google for that.

Ya it's just gotten worse and worse, tried for the longest time not to update. Had to sadly when it updated for me :-/ but I did learn if you upload the maximum pics, then save the post as a draft, then reply again, it'll ask to return to last draft and it'll have all the pics from before and you can add the maximum pics to that also.

I think the nwc bod has forgotten about me. I don't hear from them. I have sent 2 people my address by pm. I know I said I could wait till a run or some thing but I was never told if I was wating or if they were shipping like I was told. it really did no good that I paid my dues and renew. I is sad :( I didn't even win any cool shit for paying up.

I think the nwc bod has forgotten about me. I don't hear from them. I have sent 2 people my address by pm. I know I said I could wait till a run or some thing but I was never told if I was wating or if they were shipping like I was told. it really did no good that I paid my dues and renew. I is sad :( I didn't even win any cool shit for paying up.
dude.. lol I drove to your work to hand deliver your hoodies.. :dunce:

Anyone have any experience using exhaust wrap for heat shielding?

I need to cut down on the radiant heat coming off the exhaust under the floor. I'm thinking wrap from the down pipe to the muffler, and then build and aluminum heat shield over the muffler.

Heat wrap is not a great idea. I wrapped a new exhaust manifold and it rotted/broke all the welds out within months. The replacement that I didn't wrap has lasted years. It did work to reduce heat under the hood, but its terrible for the metal. Just my experience.

Anyone have any experience using exhaust wrap for heat shielding?

I need to cut down on the radiant heat coming off the exhaust under the floor. I'm thinking wrap from the down pipe to the muffler, and then build and aluminum heat shield over the muffler.

I've been reading up on the airbake cookie sheet as its a double layer aluminum with a air pocket between the two. Right now I'm figuring out how to mount it above my catalytic converter

i did the heat shield over my flow master. I took a piece of sheet metal cut it a little larger than the muffler bent down a tab on each end and welded it ito the muffer it about 3/4" gap between the muffler and the shield. Defiantly helped the floor for the back seat.

Picked a few brains and got the same consensus on the exhaust wrap. It definitely cuts down on the radiant heat coming off the pipe, but the moisture it traps makes for a short life.

Currently looking at some stick-on heat shielding (Thermo-Tec) that I'm going to try running on the inside floor directly over the exhaust. I'm hoping this will eliminate the amount of heat the floor can radiate into the cab.

Then I'll build a heat shield over the muffler too. I do like the idea of welding it directly to the muffler with a gap in between, but I'm leaning toward aluminum since it has better heat dissipation properties.

We'll see what I can come up with before NWF.

Back