• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW99XJ - The Next NWC President

NW99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My name is Josh, on here and many other Jeep focused forums, I go by NW99XJ.
In the last 10 months or so I have made NAXJA a regular part of my life, and have done everything I can to not only make some new friends,
but represent the NWC as best as I can whenever I’m out-and-about, on runs, or meeting new or fellow Jeepers.
Jeeping, and offroading have been an interest of mine for many many, years,
I look at Jeep ownership as a lifestyle, and a brotherhood, more so than simply a vehicle choice.

I found NAXJA through a recommendation of a member a while back during a friendly conversation at a local parts store,
and will forever be grateful for the introduction, and the experiences, and opportunities that NAXJA membership has awarded me.

As many of you know, I am fairly active in the offroad community. I have helped many members of this site and others with their builds, donated parts, and time to help a fellow Jeepers in need. I am the co-host of the XJ Talk Show on XJtalk.com, I also offer my services as an MC and/or DJ to any offroad event, fundraiser and charity locally, that supports responsible offroad use, building of new OHV areas, and awareness for the sport.
I have volunteered (and will continue to volunteer) my time and labor to design, develop, and build our sponsored trial “Saddle Up” in the Tillamook State Forest.
And of course as time permits, my involvement with the La Dee Flats project, and others, will continue to increase and evolve as well.

Several of you supported my run for Treasurer recently, and have continued to express your desire to see me on the BOD.
I believe I have the right mentality, mindset, and ideals, to help the NWC move forward, and not only better the reputation,
but to expand the involvement of its members more into the community in which we recreate.
WE are so much more than a bunch of Cherokee owners here, being apart of that, I believe I have what it takes to make the NWC shine once again.

I know others here have had trials and tribulations, friendships have been broken, and tempers have been tested.
I take pride in the fact that I have a clean slate here, a good, honest, friendly reputation, and have developed bonds with many members in different circles, forums, and clubs.

I don’t have any drastic changes planned for our chapter, but I believe there are some subtle changes that need to be made in order to keep the NWC moving in the right direction.
If elected, I vow to continue to represent NAXJA as best as I can, and will strive to make improvements where needed.
I wish my running mates the best of luck, but hope that you will give me your support for the upcoming year as we move forward.
-Thank you.

Josh, I as many others have one concern with you running for president, atleast 50% of the job is the planning and preparation for NWFest. This subject greatly concerns me and my problem with endorsing you is simple. You have never been to this event, I look back and simply put its the main reason I have never ran for a position for BOD until this year. It's a BIG job.. You could not even begin to understand what our prior bod has gone through to make it happen without participating!

Don't get me wrong, I like you, I love the energy you bring to the table. But I really think its premature to give you that load.

My name is Josh, on here and many other Jeep focused forums, I go by NW99XJ.
In the last 10 months or so I have made NAXJA a regular part of my life, and have done everything I can to not only make some new friends,
but represent the NWC as best as I can whenever I’m out-and-about, on runs, or meeting new or fellow Jeepers.
Jeeping, and offroading have been an interest of mine for many many, years,
I look at Jeep ownership as a lifestyle, and a brotherhood, more so than simply a vehicle choice.

I found NAXJA through a recommendation of a member a while back during a friendly conversation at a local parts store,
and will forever be grateful for the introduction, and the experiences, and opportunities that NAXJA membership has awarded me.

As many of you know, I am fairly active in the offroad community. I have helped many members of this site and others with their builds, donated parts, and time to help a fellow Jeepers in need. I am the co-host of the XJ Talk Show on XJtalk.com, I also offer my services as an MC and/or DJ to any offroad event, fundraiser and charity locally, that supports responsible offroad use, building of new OHV areas, and awareness for the sport.
I have volunteered (and will continue to volunteer) my time and labor to design, develop, and build our sponsored trial “Saddle Up” in the Tillamook State Forest.
And of course as time permits, my involvement with the La Dee Flats project, and others, will continue to increase and evolve as well.

Several of you supported my run for Treasurer recently, and have continued to express your desire to see me on the BOD.
I believe I have the right mentality, mindset, and ideals, to help the NWC move forward, and not only better the reputation,
but to expand the involvement of its members more into the community in which we recreate.
WE are so much more than a bunch of Cherokee owners here, being apart of that, I believe I have what it takes to make the NWC shine once again.

I know others here have had trials and tribulations, friendships have been broken, and tempers have been tested.
I take pride in the fact that I have a clean slate here, a good, honest, friendly reputation, and have developed bonds with many members in different circles, forums, and clubs.

I don’t have any drastic changes planned for our chapter, but I believe there are some subtle changes that need to be made in order to keep the NWC moving in the right direction.
If elected, I vow to continue to represent NAXJA as best as I can, and will strive to make improvements where needed.
I wish my running mates the best of luck, but hope that you will give me your support for the upcoming year as we move forward.
-Thank you.

Can you elaborate?

Thanks for bringing to light your concerns Scott, I appreciate the opportunity to address this.
I ran my own business as an entertainer (mobile DJ) for over a decade, providing for everything from house parties, corporate events, weddings and more.
I worked in the night clubs across two states at the same time, and had to do all of my own marketing and promoting. Recently I was an instrumental part in the organization of the No Roads Required event. After it was handed to Jordan Green, he had no idea of how to put everything together, and who to turn to. Being a large part of it last year, I was not only willing but able to help get him pointed in the right direction, and address matters as they arose.
This being the latest of many events I have been apart of during the planning process.

Although I have not participated in previous NWFests, I am more than confident that I have the abilities to research, plan and organize this event. I work well with people and understand what it takes to develop the necessary logistical framework to pull off such an event.
I wouldn't for a second pretend that I can do this all by myself or without help however. But that's another thing I am confident in, ....is the willingness of the members here in the NWC to help others. I am not so proud that I would be ashamed to reach out and ask for guidance if and where needed. That being said I look forward to the challenge of making NWFest 2013 the best it can be.

I hope this has successfully addressed your concerns, and shed a little more light on what I'm bringing to the table.

"...but I believe there are some subtle changes that need to be made in order to keep the NWC moving in the right direction"
Can you elaborate?
Certainly.
Over the course of 2012, the NWC of NAXJA was not very active in the community. Yes there were a few members that graciously participated in local cleanups, and work parties. I would not lony like to see this continue with more wider club participation, but also see involvement in more local charities and awareness campaigns. These could range from simply more of a club presence at local events to reach-out programs at local high schools or community events. I would like to see a chapter wide membership with Tread Lightly as well as group participation in at least one SOLV clean up per year.

The bigger picture here (or "end-game" if you will,) is to raise awareness of NAXJA as a whole and to better the reputation of the NWC specifically.

Look I'm no eco-nut, and i'm certainly no activist by any stretch of the imagination. And I'm about as far as you can get from a tree-hugger, but I have beliefs that I think are sound and just, and are shared by most of the people I come across on the trials.

One of the things I pledge and would like to set a precedence for is that as president I will obtain at the very least a trainer level if not master trainer level certification thru Tread Lightly. I am a firm supporter fro what they stand for, and have followed their mantra well before I knew of their existence.
I would like to see this be something that all future chapter presidents have or obtain during or before their term.

Wow, thanks for the response, much more than i had expected. Very well thought out, if i could vote, you would have mine.

I love the idea of the Tread Lightly certification. It could really make a impact if the XJ community had a leader that followed those beliefs.

Scott I agree partly, I haven't been a paying member for my own reasons in over a year. But I think Josh is right we do need some new involvement in NAXJA otherwise we start to stagnate. I will also point out that Josh and Aaron bring the energy that you spoke of, and I think that's what we really need at this point.

And lastly and most importantly I will say the President of the United States didn't know how to be president, until he spent some time doing it. Don't you think Darrin, Dustin, well all other former BOD members can, and will bring what they know to the table to help the newly elected BOD members?

Just a thought

Thank you Jason.

Josh hasn't ever been to a NWFest. He's probably never even been to Naches. Does that mean he isn't capable of planning that event? Not at all. In my opinion he has shown he has the ability to plan and host a large event. So he won't be trail leader, big deal, I never was.

I've been involved with the planning, preparation, and execution of the last two NWFests. Whether or not I am elected treasurer, I'd be glad to help Josh anyway I could. I'm sure TORX would say the same thing.

But NWFest is only a couple of days, if elected Josh would be president the entire year. I think he has a lot to offer the club and he brings a positive energy and even though he's been here a while still manages to have a positive outlook. That's something the club could really use.

I really believe Josh has the clubs best interest in mind. He's not one of the "Woodland boys" or the "Gresham boys", and that's probably a good thing. I think a lot of people would say this place has become too cliquey.

If you agree with what I've said, then you should vote for Josh aka NW99XJ for President. If you don't agree with what I said, well then, you should vote for him because he's handsome.

If you agree with what I've said, then you should vote for Josh aka NW99XJ for President. If you don't agree with what I said, well then, you should vote for him because he's handsome.

AND, he has a jeep! Unlike our current pres when he was elected:eeks1:.

Ill be honest, I have been a paying member for almost a year and have went on probably 8 wheeling trips of my own this year. I have not participated in any of the nwc trips because, to me, it seems like there is a clash between groups of guys in the chapter itself. The woodland boys, and gresham boys, always flaming each other.I am unclear as to what all that is about, I never really wanted to be a part of the chaos and honestly thought i would feel like an outsider if i were to attend.

I think Josh being president would be may throw a breath of fresh air into the mix.

Also, whats the deal, why is there no one on here from central WA??

Lets try to stay on topic, please and thank you.

Darren, thanks for the kind words.
You seem to have gotten the exact point I've been trying to project.

90xjblue.... you're observations are right on point, and its those kind of things you mentioned that I think have led the NWC to be perceived how it is today. Cliquey, and causing good Jeepers like yourself to fear becoming more involved, feeling like you would be treated as an outsider. I'm sure this doesnt apply to everyone, and its not absolute across the whole NWC, but its still prevalent.

I dont exactly know how I would do it, but that's one of the things I would like to try and change. This should be a place where anyone can feel welcome, and not fear being considered an outsider.

Thanks for sharing man, much appreciated.

Josh has my vote! Hello everybody

FWIW:
Although I am not a paid member for reasons of my own but probably similar to Crazymoose and cannot vote. If I could vote,my vote would be for Josh. I believe that the President should be someone who is non bias. Someone who will promote equality,respect, and ethics throughout the chapter. Someone who can improve the image of the club/chapter and the way it is seen by the public. Someone who has a background in management, marketing, and promotions, and has been involved in planning of past events. This being said I believe that Josh meet all the all criteria required to be a successful President of the NWC.

FWIW:
Although I am not a paid member for reasons of my own but probably similar to Crazymoose and cannot vote. If I could vote,my vote would be for Josh. I believe that the President should be someone who is non bias. Someone who will promote equality,respect, and ethics throughout the chapter. Someone who can improve the image of the club/chapter and the way it is seen by the public. Someone who has a background in management, marketing, and promotions, and has been involved in planning of past events. This being said I believe that Josh meet all the all criteria required to be a successful President of the NWC.

Hey rob, how's life rob

Last edited:
Back