• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NW Fest Carnage Report

I second that vote for Matt.
I was struggling to make it up the hill (doing about 23MPH) with the Jeep in tow so I couldn't even stop but I think it was Dustin that was there telling me to slow down. lol

Everything on Matt's rig points to a broken shaft, rather than a wheel bearing failure. The press-on bearing retainer and the bearing itself were walked up the shaft about 1/8" from where they are normally pressed on to. There were no signs of excessive heat, bluing, etc. The race and the bearing were still smooth, so it didn't seize or spin on the shaft. I think the shaft partially broke at some point over the weekend, and finally gave up heading up the hill, and the jagged edges of the shaft as it rotated forced the end out and pushed the bearing up. New alloy shafts will be here tomorrow and we'll get it fixed up soon.

J

Girls jeep
brake line and a nice dent in the firewall
88a77b0a.jpg

(inside pass side)
ec2d9ee3.jpg

Mine
a few new dents nothing to bad... But I did crack my rear gate when someone parked a stock jeep behind me.. Ha Ha didn't even see it

o yeah killed a RED top.

Last edited:
Am working on the theory that any damage to rig is masked and potentially held together by the 150lbs of mud that I have yet to jackhammer off.

Thanks John,
While I don't understand how I broke a D44 on 33's... it kind of makes me proud that it is a legit break. :)

Much appreciation to all who offered help.

Cheers,
Matt

lost some paint on the passenger side a-piller
dented passenger door
shattered a leaf spring shim

SDC10631.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks John,
While I don't understand how I broke a D44 on 33's... it kind of makes me proud that it is a legit break. :)

Much appreciation to all who offered help.

Cheers,
Matt

like I said in the other thread... time to upgrade to a 60 hasta

Broke the bolt that holds the track bar to the D30 housing , Thanks to the guy at the rocks for the spare bolt. Then a stump and root ripped a hole on the inside front tire on the shoestring trail. I`m sure I have a couple more dents along with a bowed quarter panel. Good weather and trails as always. Oh yea got stopped in Enumclaw by the city`s finest for having to much mud on my vehicle and I was inforned that was against the law; but he didn`t ticket just a verbal warning...I laughed all the way home and my wife didn`t even think it was that dirty...

Last edited:
Broke the bolt that holds the track bar to the D30 housing , Thanks to the guy at the rocks for the spare bolt. Then a stump and root ripped a hole on the inside front tire on the shoestring trail. I`m sure I have a couple more dents along with a bowed quarter panel. Good weather and trails as always.
Glad I could help.

Those Torx bolts are actually pretty useful for trail spares. That's the 3rd one I've given out.

Oh yea got stopped in Enumclaw by the city`s finest for having to much mud on my vehicle and I was inforned that was against the law; but he didn`t ticket just a verbal warning...I laughed all the way home and my wife didn`t even think it was that dirty...

Wow ! thats a new one. We should start a poll on who got the most expensive ticket this weekend, lol.

Wow ! thats a new one. We should start a poll on who got the most expensive ticket this weekend, lol.

We get that all the time around here. Cant see out the windows, cant see through the mirrors, brake lights are too dirty to see, you are dropping mud, dirt, and wildlife all over the road, (and my favorite) your rig must be that muddy because you were playing in a marked off swamp area so we are going to ticket you for it.
The things they come up with...

34277_404413722329_701097329_4926022_8005273_n.jpg

-B pillar smashed
-Passenger door smashed.
-Rear leafs are toast
-Rear shocks are toast
-Jeep won't start anymore (cranks all day...need to investigate it further)

Otherwise, the rig did pretty well...and I'm happy to not have any broken shafts.

~Scott

Broke the bolt that holds the track bar to the D30 housing , Thanks to the guy at the rocks for the spare bolt. Then a stump and root ripped a hole on the inside front tire on the shoestring trail. I`m sure I have a couple more dents along with a bowed quarter panel. Good weather and trails as always. Oh yea got stopped in Enumclaw by the city`s finest for having to much mud on my vehicle and I was inforned that was against the law; but he didn`t ticket just a verbal warning...I laughed all the way home and my wife didn`t even think it was that dirty...

I got pulled over in Enumclaw on Friday as I was headed out there and was told that my front bumper was not legal. He said it had to be 4" wide and extend the full width of the vehicle, but it is 4" wide and is only about an inch short of the width of the vehicle. I think the real reason he pulled me over is cause my fender flares were a little loose and flapping a bit. I didn't get a ticket, but I thought it was pretty ridiculous.

My only carnage for the weekend was a seriously bent tie rod (fortunately I brought an extra) and a broken light in my front passenger wheel well. Every time I think I have that light installed where my tire can't hit it I seem to find a way to flex out and break the dam light. :doh:

I got pulled over in Enumclaw on Friday as I was headed out there and was told that my front bumper was not legal. He said it had to be 4" wide and extend the full width of the vehicle, but it is 4" wide and is only about an inch short of the width of the vehicle. I think the real reason he pulled me over is cause my fender flares were a little loose and flapping a bit. I didn't get a ticket, but I thought it was pretty ridiculous.

My only carnage for the weekend was a seriously bent tie rod (fortunately I brought an extra) and a broken light in my front passenger wheel well. Every time I think I have that light installed where my tire can't hit it I seem to find a way to flex out and break the dam light. :doh:

Was the officer's first name Dan? If so, he's notorious for picking on wheelers. Either way, glad you guys didn't get tickets.

Carnage report:

Broken Dreams. I wanted to trash my Heep this weekend too!

Grrrrrrr!!!!!

I vote for Matt, that was almost the worst possible location he could have lost a wheel, not much of a guard-rail there, more like guard-ramp. BTW, Matt we delivered those cones back to the Ranger.

I did take a pic of Thethinginthewoods ball joint incident which closely follows second to Matt's carnage in my opinion.

IMG_2144.jpg

Back