• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP 242 no 4lo

cjr101580

NAXJA Forum User
'00 4dr. Cannot get shifter to go into 4lo from 2wd. I have readjusted and still cannot get it to go into 4lo. It will go into 4part time and full time but not 4lo. Any advice on how to adjust from scratch and have it go into all of the ranges? It just seems there is not enough range on the linkage to go into all ranges.
Anyone in the Houston area have a NP 242 that I can come look at and compare??

Thanks

Check the little bushings in the shift linkage under the Jeep and make sure they haven't popped out or fallen apart. They look like little plastic clips.

On my NP242, I used a dremel and ground the rear part of the shifter gate back to get more travel out of the handle. Now it has plenty of travel to get from 2hi to 4lo. Before I did this I had to have it adjusted absolutely perfect or I could not get 4lo.

'00 4dr. Cannot get shifter to go into 4lo from 2wd. I have readjusted and still cannot get it to go into 4lo. It will go into 4part time and full time but not 4lo. Any advice on how to adjust from scratch and have it go into all of the ranges? It just seems there is not enough range on the linkage to go into all ranges.
Anyone in the Houston area have a NP 242 that I can come look at and compare??

Thanks

How are your engine and trans mounts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHp2hdvZ4oY

Back