• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Np 208c

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
I recently came across a NP208C (10 bucks!) and was wondering if anyone knew if there were any applications that it would be best suited for.

I know that it has been used in GM fullsize trucks, and it's 27 spline, but that is about it. is it good or better than what's currently under my heep?

Any insight here?

Just curious if i should hang onto it, for possible use under a Jeep, melt it down for scrap, or ebay it.

Thanks,

John

I'm not too sure what the "C" following the 208 is for.

Jeep used the 208 in lots of applications starting in 1980. You will find them in most full size trucks and some Cherokees.

Fairly stout case if it came from a Jeep, but again, I don't know what the "C" is for.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the C stands for chevy.

I did a search, and it seems that the "C" model came on GM's,
The F on Fords, J on jeeps and so forth....

it made some sense to me but I may be wrong.

I'm also thinking that because of it's use on Full size vehicles that it would be theoretically stronger than something that we need....just a thought though.

Come on people, I know someone else has to know about these Xfer cases.

John

I have heard of benefiuts from swapping in the tail from a GM/Chevy case. Supposedly tougher than the Jeep model....but aside from that the 208 is tough. If you plan on running big tires (Larger than 33's) this could be a good swap. But...if you plan on running 33's you'll need more axle than the XJ came with also.

LRRH said:
I have heard of benefiuts from swapping in the tail from a GM/Chevy case. Supposedly tougher than the Jeep model....but aside from that the 208 is tough. If you plan on running big tires (Larger than 33's) this could be a good swap. But...if you plan on running 33's you'll need more axle than the XJ came with also.

Why do you say that you need more axle than a xj has to run 33s do you even drive an xj. :rolleyes:

this is how it goes.....if you're gonna run big tires (33 or larger) and drive like a grandma then you will get by with XJ axles. If you like the skinny pedal and aren't afraid to use it then you will most likely trash you SMALL Dana35.

Not trying to discourage anyone from running 33s or 35s or bigger on their stock axles.....they just be in for a surprise if they think their axles will be sufficient.

take a look around at who's running 35s or larger around here and see what axles they are running.

Back