• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Now What...

unplugged the map sensor and it drove like shittttttttttttttt.

jeep stops the shaking when its in Neutral.

jeep still shakes when foot is on the brake coming to a slow down.

So... yeah. I give up for now till it gets worse.

Crankshaft clean the connector while you have it undone. I would also say that with the Jeep not shuddering when you shift to neutral then you have a converter not unlocking. DO you notice that you are having harder down shifts? I also think that there is a fuse that you can pull to take power from the lock up solenoid. Pull it and drive like normal through the gears. If you don't have the problem then you know that the converter is not un locking

Crankshaft clean the connector while you have it undone. I would also say that with the Jeep not shuddering when you shift to neutral then you have a converter not unlocking. DO you notice that you are having harder down shifts? I also think that there is a fuse that you can pull to take power from the lock up solenoid. Pull it and drive like normal through the gears. If you don't have the problem then you know that the converter is not un locking

is that the plug on the firewall next to the brake master cylinder?

ill look for that fuse tomorrow for the converter and pull it.

thanks man.

The Crank position sensor is located on the bellhousing IIRC. its a pain in the ass to get to, so I would exhaust other methods to reconcile your problem before going to it.

The Crank position sensor is located on the bellhousing IIRC. its a pain in the ass to get to, so I would exhaust other methods to reconcile your problem before going to it.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/...7/Misc/Crankshaft_Position_Sensor_diagram.jpg

im thinking that if i unplug the connector in this picture (the one up top) and plug it back in, or unplug it and see if the prob goes away... that might work before i get underneath to the actual sensor. whatcha think?

yea that will disco the cps. You wont be able to start it. ANd I think that he was offering that idea to kinda get a better connection? Never hurts to try it.

So what happend? Did your find the fuse for the lock up?

So what happend? Did your find the fuse for the lock up?

nope. where would it be? the box under the hood or under the pass side kick panel?

Took it back up to pep boys because they have a 90 day warranty on their diagnostics. guy looked at it again, took him 3 hours and called me and said cyl 1 plug was bad and the wire was bad to. (i just replaced them less than 300 miles ago. the plug looked fine to me and the wire did. I refused to pay for the new plug and wire they put in so they just gave me my keys and i left. jeep still drives the same.

XXXX.

Back