• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

non XJ, truck for sale

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
I have decided to sell my 1990 International 4900, The truck is registered as an RV and the tags are $75 per year, the person i bought it from rebuilt just about everything. the truck has a mechanical DT466 with Allison 4 speed automatic and has plenty of power. The bed is custom made and was built to put a golf cart or razor on the back and tow 5th wheel or gooseneck. The truck air ride rear end, and the steer tires are new this year, drive tires are like new. This truck will tow anything with ease. I have decided to go to a full semi to pull my horse trailer so this truck needs to go but it needs nothing, I have just got back from Denver with it and the truck ran flawlessly.

the truck has a b&w turn over ball currently with a gooseneck hitch, but a 5th wheel is readily available

I have never done it but you could put an xj on the bed and tow a decent sized bumper pull trailer with this truck and weight would not be an issue

price is 15k obo

truck.jpg

bed.jpg

motor.jpg

motor2.jpg

tires.jpg

Sweet!

How many miles per gallon?

I tried to suggest to The Bride that we sell the Suburban and use this for the family travel vehicle. I got an H-E-double hockey sticks NO.

Sigh.

Maybe if I sell the dually...She won't drive the dually anyways.

I can dream...

It really depends on how fast you go there is no overdrive so if you keep it @62mph you get about 10, I drove to denver at 70mph at 42K and got about 7.

How long/wide is the flat bed area?

Interior Pictures? All manual windows/locks or elect?

Smoked in?

Interested in a trade for a F350 King Ranch 07 in excellent condition? I would possibility be willing to take a $6K hit to trade for this.

Email works best for pictures and comm.
[email protected]

?

Did it sell?

Sorry not sold yet

The interior has never been smoked in, at least in the recent past if it was you cant tell, the truck has crank windows, I am not sure how long the flat part of the bed is either 8 or 10, and i think it is 9 foot wide i will get back to you on the exact size
steering%20wheel.jpg

passanger%20seat.jpg

Well I am very interested and just waiting to see if a TJ Will in fact fit on the bed portion safely. If so I very likely will move forward with the buying.

ok I am going to big bear this friday sat, sunday i am home (its mothersday though), when would be a good time to look at it, i can bring it to norco tomorrow morning if that works for you

Well before I go driving to look at it, it does me no good unless my Jeep TJ will fit on the bed, reason I asked if I can get the bed length and width please. I dont want to go wasting your time nor my time if it clearly wont work for my needs. Also any more interior pictures? Thanks!

Ugg. thats about what I scaled off of your picture. Not going to fit a TJ without some pretty good structural bed changes. Thank you for your time in getting me the measurements.

tjonbed.JPG

Haha, yeah that's what I was thinking. it's a TJ that I'm sure has a locker up front. Why stop at at the incline? Just keep driving!

Well the rear would be on a ramp still that would need to be secure enough to allow pretty much 100% of the driving force to get the front (heavy side) of the Jeep up about a 60° incline. Then add to that, securing it to that incline for 1000 miles or more. Not what I am looking for.

Looks like a great rig for what he uses it for though! I went looking for something similar and found these sell typically for more than his asking.

People can do what ever they like. Most dont understand safety very well, as that video and link shows. No way in Hell I would feel even remotely safe driving that POS like that...

Back