• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non-XJ: 1979 J10 Truck

jjmat3

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to Sell or trade my 1979 Jeep J10 4x4 Pickup truck.

Jeep has 360 CI engine, Rebuilt T400 auto trans, 4wd, Dana 44 axles, 3" lift with 32" tires on decent aluminum wheels, locking hubs, factory roll bar and bed mat.

Currently not running but it ran and drove fine a few months ago when I drove it home. I think the carb needs rebuilding. I have cleaned out the gas tank, installed new gas cap, fuel filler hose and vent lines and most of the fuel lines. I have new Amsoil filters and lubes including the reusable Amsoil EA series air filter, new fuel filter, air cleaner gasket and vapor canister and PCV filters, plugs, cap & rotor, etc.

Known bad: passenger floor needs replacing. Driver side floor has small hole. Interior needs work. Rust hole in lower right fender.
Unknown: front drive shaft was out of it when I bought it so I don't know if the transfer case/4wd functions.

$1000 or Looking for interesting trades or partial trades w/ $: Decent Aftermarket TJ parts/lift, shooting, ammo, LEGALLY TRANSFERRED 30-06, AR15, M&P 40, Sig Sauer, Mossberg, Colt, Smith and Wesson, Ruger, Mini 14, SKS,
Jeep CJ or Willys grill & headlights, gun safe, reclaimed rustic wood furniture, yard landscaping work in Lancaster, car paint job, tube bender with 1" die, newer stack-able washer and gas dryer (front load), ????
79J10a.jpg

5J10.jpg

3J10.jpg

2J10.jpg

7J10.jpg

9J10.jpg

10J10.jpg

sweet jeep man. sorry for the off topic question, did you do a solid axle swap in the liberty? if so, sweet! even sweeter if it's diesel.

sweet jeep man. sorry for the off topic question, did you do a solid axle swap in the liberty? if so, sweet! even sweeter if it's diesel.

Yes on the SAS KJ. Gas though....Thanks!

Found some receipts for the truck from previous owner, work done back in 07 when it passed smog but I guess the owner barely drove it and gave up doing more work on it for some reason and it sat until bought by the guy I got it off of....who sold it for not passing smog:
Rebuilt T400 trans, $1400 from local shop
All new brakes; hoses, rotors, drums, calipers, pads/shoes, booster w/ master, wheel cyls, fluid flush. $1400 worth from local shop
New cooling system; radiator, pump, fan clutch, belts, hoses, Cat converter, tune for smog. $1276 from local shop

Pretty sure a competent mechanic could rebuild the carb and tune it to get it to pass but I'm giving up due to too many projects and not enough $ to pursue this one. Even if parted out It would probably bring more than I'm asking but I also don't have time for that either.
Like I mentioned before, It drove great on way home after buying it but then decided It liked to backfire a couple weeks later after sitting and I believe it messed up the carb.

Nice Jeep. My girlfriend's friend has one and she loves it... and i loved it too.

Parting out 1979 J10 truck

360 AMC Engine, rebuilt T400 trans, transfer case, front Dana 44 axle and suspension/steering, hood, bumper, fenders, grille, glass, doors, cab, factory roll bar, rebuilt/almost new brake components, newer radiator, etc. for sale.

PLMK what you are interested in and we can negotiate a price.

Thanks!

I'm keeping bed/rear axle/wheels & tires for trailer project.

Back