• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non-Jeep FS: 1985 CUCV M1009

Cherikon

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to get the word out, my friend Tony is selling his CUCV...I've actually driven this thing for a few months and it is hands down the nicest example I have ever seen on either coast.

1985 CUCV M1009 K5 Blazer
6.2L Diesel
66,xxx miles
Gov vehicle so will never require SMOG. SMOG exempt forever!
turbo 400 transmission
24v electrical system (two batteries in series)
last 2k miles: rear brakes new, batteries, starter rebuilt, new hydraulic lines, 4 new bilstein heavy duty shocks, new seat covers
CD player, portable 6x9 speakers in boxes with long speaker wire, mid range speakers in dash
pictures don't show but do have original fiberglass lid, i just don't use it because the truck is always garaged and i only like to drive it with the top off. lid is in good shape and is matching white.
this is the nicest CUCV/M1009 i've ever seen. constantly get looks and people interested in truck. most are an ugly green and beat to hell, not this truck.

2ppac0j.jpg

qn8iub.jpg

$9,500

TEXT: six1nine5twozero0threethree1

CL Link: https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5610308869.html

dont these have hp60/14b with detroit lockers in them ?

I meant to say LP60 not HP60. so used to talking about ford axles.

So much lust!

The M1009 Blazer used 10-bolt axles with 3.08:1 gears. The rear axle was equipped with an Eaton diff and the front was open.

This one is all original to my knowledge and very close to stock, minus the aftermarket radio. Thanks for the interest and please share if you know someone interested.

If its a true CUCV then yes, unless they have been swapped.

To OP: Seems like a clean truck, sent to my buddy who is looking for one. GLWS.

Not all CUCV's are equal. No 3/4 ton axles on this, and no locker. The 10 bolts should hold up to this if you don't get stupid on tires, 165 horsepower and 330 feet pounds of torque.

Not requiring smog is because its a pre 1998 diesel and has nothing to do with being a retired government vehicle.

This would make a neat, although slow, tow rig. Probably not worth the asking price but it would be fun to have.

Not all CUCV's are equal. No 3/4 ton axles on this, and no locker. The 10 bolts should hold up to this if you don't get stupid on tires, 165 horsepower and 330 feet pounds of torque.

Not requiring smog is because its a pre 1998 diesel and has nothing to do with being a retired government vehicle.

This would make a neat, although slow, tow rig. Probably not worth the asking price but it would be fun to have.

Cal!

It definitely is a neat rig, re-gearing the diffs would solve the slow/tow issue and I would love to take it off of his hands myself, but I currently have a JGC in the works....and it's definitely mint compared to any other examples within a 1500 mile radius, good sir! Don't knock it till you see/drive it...:patriot:

I wasn't knocking it at all, just answering some of the questions that have been asked.

Its a neat rig. But its not a $10,000 rig.

I saw one of these on the Sacramento Craigslist going for 2500$ not too long ago , but it had a Lp60/14b and detroits front and rear. I should have bought that thing just because ....

there's one of these that goes to azusa, its got a supercharged 572 chevy engine in it. no smog no limit to what you can do with it :D :D :D

Back