• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler '87 XJ

DezertTitan

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm still gimped & out of work since the motorcycle accident last year. My XJ required a smog this year - which it won't pass - so I non-op'd it. I've had a couple people knock on my door asking if its for sale. For the right price, anything is for sale - but I don't know what a Fair price is. Not sure i Want to sale it, and if I do - get another/newer XJ or a wrangler...

Here's what I've got - in the garage
D44 - drum to drum. Stock, factory Limited Slip
D30 HP/non disco. Stock, rotor to rotor.
Dirtbound's DIY rear bumper - still in pieces.

Tires - total 5 + Americas Tires Warranty.
2x 31" Toyo Open Country on the front of the jeep.
2 near-new/barely used 31" Toyo Open Country. garaged
1 brand spankin new 31" Toyo Open Country. garaged

The jeep itself is '87 Loredo. 5spd 168k-ish miles
Power windows (drivers works good, pass is slow, rears... They get stuck)
Power locks - did work but too sticky.
New water pump, thermostat, Napa Battery (6 months ago), starter + ground/power wires. Wired in 2 extra DC power ports inside + a radiator fan power switch. Oh and a Sony Explode stereo - tho speakers are still original (came out of my Titan when I updated that).

Have had the clutch get hot & loose on me once on a trail. No clue when/if its ever been changed, so I don't trust it TBH. Rear axle is welded (Lincoln locker) - I've got some cheapo used 31" BFGs in the rear w a good amount of tread.

Dirtbound's Front bumper w/ a XRC8 winch - only ever used it to roll up the cord. Unfortunately the sun out here is evil & it looks like its 10 years old, it's actually only about 1 1/2.

Newish procomp shocks - been on it a couple years but only seen a couple trips on easy trails or going out shooting. Rancho stabilizer.

As the smog.. It won't. The pill is in my garage. I pinched off the line @ the bumper. I closed off the intake return also & have a small filter on the valve cover. Aside from that, not sure what's required to get it to pass. No clue how good the cat is. Did put a cherry bomb exhaust on it since the stocker was in pieces & clogging the system.

I'm considering my options... Just getting rid of it all, keeping just the tires & winch, or keeping the bumpers, winch, axles & tires.... I dunno guys, what do you think? Gonna be a while before I'm up & offroading again... I don't want to leave this thing sitting & rotting until then.

cd11207dd7bb66013b31ed3d0a5972eb_zps11112523.jpg

Back