• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No start

A scope measures voltage waveforms and displays them on a screen...kind of like a hearbeat machine you see at the hospital.
the signal would be measured with a scope at the ICM input pin. The signal is coming out of the ECU.

Ok a few more questions how can i tell if the ICM is bad?? i cant get spark but the fuel injectors are firing so the ECU is fine and the CPS/CMP are in working order but the ICM isnt triggering the Ignition. And the Tach does not work i have 12V POS/NEG at the 2 pins any ideas??

You can try pulsing the the ICM input (with nothing else connected to the input pin)with a 5 volt source to see if you can get it to make spark...if you get a spark out of the coil, that would lead me to believe the ICM is good and the ECU or wiring between ECU and ICM is bad.

My last piece of advice...bring it to the shop. Like many people, you just don't have the basic knowledge or special tools needed to troubleshoot the problem down to the failing circuit or device. If the shop is too expensive for you, try to find some cheap used parts and swap them out. Good Luck, and I hope you get it fixed cheap.

i tried.only one JY has a renix era jeeps and they want 40$ for the part i only got 31$ lol. i aint stoopid

Replaced ICM still no go :( were is the ECM/ECU/PCM/Computer lol ????? and where does the ECM input on the ICM go to???

Back