• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Start - Troubleshooting Help...

I started to think about this yesterday afternoon & was wondering why it failed when it was cold. Anyway, I had killed the battery totally by trying to start it so much. What was weird - it had enough power to turn it over, although not quick. Eventually, the battery went dead.

So, last night I stuck a battery tender on it (starting voltage was around 11.2V). It got to 80% by this morning. About an hour ago, it was @ 100% (12.7V). So, I removed the tender.

I reset the PCM (removed + from battery and touched ground terminal for 45 seconds, reconnected, turned key to on position, turn on headlights, then off, then key off). I then tried to start it - it fired up immediately, and strong/no stumbles.

I let it run for 30 minutes (while watching my OBD app inside) and then shut it off. I went back about 15 mins later, started fine.

SO, I have a new CPS on order & I'll keep it as a spare providing this one keeps working. IM<uneducated>O, I think the low power was screwing up sensor/PCM voltage while cranking.

Opinions? LOL.

Back