• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No spark now what?

So it's not getting juice from the ASN relay. I think you can try moving the relays (that look the same) around in the big fuse box under the hood. If that doesn't help, we have to check for juice feeding the ASN relay. Sometimes just uplugging and replugging the relays reestablishes good contact.

So it's not getting juice from the ASN relay. I think you can try moving the relays (that look the same) around in the big fuse box under the hood. If that doesn't help, we have to check for juice feeding the ASN relay. Sometimes just uplugging and replugging the relays reestablishes good contact.

Winterbeater, I don't know from personal experience, but someone posted on a thread here that their ASD relay was specifically marked ASD, so I don't know about interchangeability.

Have you compared yours? All three of mine on the 90 are identical with no "ASD" marking.

Last edited:
I never really messed with mine, but looking in the FSM, there is the ASD relay and the rad fan relay that look the same. The other ones for the fuel pump, 02 sensors, etc., are different. So it looks like he can swap the rad fan relay and the ASD. These are the two big ones way in the back.

Interchanged the 3 still the same, they all have the same numbers.
I had the volt meter set to 20 dcv is that correct?

When you are checking for voltage at the coil, and listening for the fuel pump running, is this while the engine is being cranked? Because the ASD only sends voltage to the coil and pump for a few seconds in the run position.

When you are checking for voltage at the coil, and listening for the fuel pump running, is this while the engine is being cranked? Because the ASD only sends voltage to the coil and pump for a few seconds in the run position.
I don't here anything in the run position.

I want to thank everyone for their help!
Sadly after a compression check the number four cylinder has suddenly lost compression :soapbox: so no going any further i guess!
Any one interested in a Jeep with a good body and bad motor?????
Thanks Again
Joe

I want to thank everyone for their help!
Sadly after a compression check the number four cylinder has suddenly lost compression :soapbox: so no going any further i guess!
Any one interested in a Jeep with a good body and bad motor?????
Thanks Again
Joe

Wow, don't give it up yet! Try shooting a little oil in the bad cylinder and see if it will pump up. If it pumps up then the problem is in the rings/piston/cylinder. If it doesn't pump up then its a valve/headgasket issue.

No compression in a cylinder wouldn't give you a no-spark condition.

I have given up... i just don't have the time, tend to neglect the kids and wife while the Jeep gets all the attention.
The head was checked by a shop and was given the okay so i don't know.
What i wanted to do was replace the motor in the first place but got talked out of it.
Did pour oil in the cylinder and it did increase it from 30 to 40 :wave1:
I still may put a motor in since i have a 2000 (motor) sitting here with the dreaded 0331 head if i can't sell the Jeep
Thanks for all the support, its greatly appreciated !
Joe

Back