• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Fuel, No start

Draven1474

NAXJA Forum User
Went through the car wash the other day just started driving down the road when my jeep stalled. Now i am looking at it today and everything seems normal except it wont start just cranks and when i go to turn on the ignition i do not hear the fuel pump priming, there is no pressure at the fuel rail. Is my pump bad or is it a bad connection? How can i test this? any help is much appreciated!

I can override the relay in the distribution box making the fuel pump turn on, however turning over the engine with the fuel pump running, the engine will not start. when i was first experiencing this issue i got a no bus reading on the instrument cluster. I replaced the CPS with Mopar dealership one, and this has not made a difference. The vehicle is a 2000 XJ 4.0l AW4

NoBus, and not running suggests, CPS issues. Since you have a new genuine Jeep CPS, suspect wiring issues to the CPS, or to any of the other 5 volt OBD sensors. Any signs of moisture at the interior fuse box ?

This sucks bad the instrument cluster is unresponsive when the key is turned on or with the engine cranking, any ideas?

Done all your basics, inspect/clean wire plugs/battery/alternator wires, etc, Check/test fuses and relays ? Tested for spark ? Tested the CPS ? Tested the battery ? Checked fuel pressure?

Any Check Engine Light codes ? Is the instrument panel thing new at the same time as the no-start began ?

Back