• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No fires at YP sites in the SBNF

FishPOET

NAXJA Forum User
For Immediate Release
Valerie Baca (909) 382-2711

Fire Restrictions to take effect in National Forest

San Bernardino, CA July 6, 2007. Due to the unusually hot and dry weather and recent wildfire activity, San Bernardino National Forest Supervisor Jeanne Wade-Evans announced today that she is implementing additional fire restrictions on Tuesday July 20th. With the lack of rainfall and hot and dry conditions, forest visitors need to know how to help us reduce the risk of fire.�

Under the restrictions, no open campfires or charcoal fires are allowed
outside of designated recreation sites such as campgrounds, picnic sites.
Fires will NOT be permitted at our yellow post sites.

Target shooting will be permitted only at developed shooting ranges,
including the Lytle Creek Firing Range, Big Bear Sportsman's Club and Lake Arrowhead Fish and Game Conservation Club Target Range. Target shooting restrictions will not impact the use of a firearm while legally hunting.

The Forest will not be closing any areas to the public at this time, but is
encouraging visitors to use extra caution. We're asking the public to be
extra vigilant and think about every action they take. � Wade-Evans added.

Restrictions will include:

No open campfires or charcoal fires are allowed outside of Picnic
Areas and Campgrounds.

Gas and Propane camping stoves and lanterns are permitted.

Smoking is limited to enclosed vehicles, developed recreation sites,
and areas cleared of vegetation three feet in diameter.

An approved spark arrester is required for any internal combustion
engine operated off state or county highways or designated forest roads.
These include chainsaws, generators, motorcycles, and off-highway vehicles.

A permit is required for welding or operating any torch device with
an open flame or for use of any explosive device.

FIREWORKS and steel core or Teflon ammunition are never allowed.

Shooting a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun is only permitted at
developed shooting range (listed above).

In addition to the above seasonal restrictions, Deputy Fire Chief Dan Snow
reminds visitors that fireworks are always prohibited on the San Bernardino
National Forest. We want people to enjoy the Forest, but to do it
responsibly,� he added. We need the public's cooperation more than ever
this year.

An please BOLT down your battiers, i just helped a guy out here in the desert that flip his an his batt wasn't tied down..... what a dummy

scottmcneal said:
An please BOLT down your battiers, i just helped a guy out here in the desert that flip his an his batt wasn't tied down..... what a dummy

good point alot of people overlook this. last thanksgiving in glamis i helped a guy put out a fire under his hood, when the smoke cleared there were arc marks all over the inside of his hood and an unsecured battery. it was bouncing up and shorting on the hood, and lit his rig on fire. hes lucky it didnt explode under there.

keep it safe people!

GrimmJeeper said:
good point alot of people overlook this. last thanksgiving in glamis i helped a guy put out a fire under his hood, when the smoke cleared there were arc marks all over the inside of his hood and an unsecured battery. it was bouncing up and shorting on the hood, and lit his rig on fire. hes lucky it didnt explode under there.

keep it safe people!
Are you a desert rat during the winter? I am already getting the urge. I just now got all the sand out of my rig from last season.

I live in the low desert, i off road year round, now only at night up in sky valley, i like it when it gets down to 100 at night lol..

jeeperjohn said:
Are you a desert rat during the winter? I am already getting the urge. I just now got all the sand out of my rig from last season.

"got the sand out" pfffft.... if you got the sand out you dont go out enough :D i still have sand on my dash from glamis 3 years ago. me and a few buddies all head down there every thanksgiving, anyone and everyone is more than welcome to tag along!

scottmcneal said:

In addition to this, in the roadrace car we are required to put duct tape over the terminals. Keeps things that may fall on it from having issues.

GrimmJeeper said:
"got the sand out" pfffft.... if you got the sand out you dont go out enough :D i still have sand on my dash from glamis 3 years ago. me and a few buddies all head down there every thanksgiving, anyone and everyone is more than welcome to tag along!
You're right, I don't get out there enough. We have a family trip out to buttercup at thanksgiving, turkey's always better with a little sand and the smell of two stroke exhaust.

Back