• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

night wheeling?

will there be any of this going on this year? if so i will fix my rock lights. i am down for a somewhat tame night run to a lookout point or something. dont really want to run hard trails.
A "TAME" ride sounds good.

I'm down like a clown for night wheeling. Getting the rock lights installed this week. This will be one of my only wheelin' events this year due schedule. Gonna make the most of it.

Re: Re: night wheeling?

at WF i agree, but driving 24hrs to drink beer is not worth it to me. i want to wheel. i cant night wheel around here (legally).
I agree! With all these led's and light bars floating around, I'd expect more interest for this.

I don't have any fancy lights or anything, other than my USFS spot light that came on my XJ, but I love night rides.....nothing crazy though. Ive been on a few night rides but this event is a whole experience to me so I want to suck it all in as much as possible. My daughter loves it also.

I agree! With all these led's and light bars floating around, I'd expect more interest for this.

Night rides are cool as long as you know where you are and aren't doing anything too crazy, IMO. And if your rock lights dont get covered up in mud like mine do.

Plus with all the light bars and junk you can't really use them if anyone is in front of you without burning their retinas out.

I will say that it is fun as hell to fly down the main roads of a few offroad parks with all of your lights on. I've only done it at Golden Mountain though.

There are several lookout points and all over them have great views at night down in Harlan. They're well marked on the trail map. Also, it's hard to fall off a cliff down there with as wide as most trails are unless you're being an idiot and going 50 MPH down the trails like the trail fleas in their ATVs do.

As far as light bars, flip your mirror and you don't get blinded. It's pretty simple.

Most open to the public parks do not allow riding after dark. Take advantage of the fact that Black Mountain is 24/7 for at least one night.

I'm going to be able to light up the campground.

sujubahe.jpg

Fore 'see my beer?' Wheeler

Me too! I'm anxious to turn the thing on at night.

20140622_184809_zpsa67b07e3.jpg

If that thing does what my kc lights did you will either be moving it back or trying to figure a way to get the light off the hood....... :cool:

If that thing does what my kc lights did you will either be moving it back or trying to figure a way to get the light off the hood....... :cool:

This. I hated having lights on my roof rack. The hood will be brighter than the trail.

Yup, I'm sure it will be awful on the hood. I can't move it back any more than it is due to the huge hole in my roof.

This is temporary, anyhow. When I get back from Kentucky it's going on my green Jeep and it will be moved back much farther.

This one is 18" and 108w. I held it over the windshield at night and did not like the way it reflected. So it went here. Much better.
picture.php

aryhaveb.jpg

All I got on mine...

mac 'will get you down after wheeling with Durbin' gyvr

Back