• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NickThePyro's 56k war machine

Nice to see the evolution of a "project" ! Yeah why the rear sway bar? I've got 3 in my metal pile , Don't even know why I keep them

Badass Jeep man, Love the color! :D Why does that thing still have a rear sway bar? Also, Nice choice on the Sub. I want one for my car when I buy one in March.
Thanks man! The car is my daily driver and has seen 29,000 miles in the past 3 years so I have swaybars front and rear but it takes me just 1 cotter pin per corner to have all the swaybars off.

Thanks man! The car is my daily driver and has seen 29,000 miles in the past 3 years so I have swaybars front and rear but it takes me just 1 cotter pin per corner to have all the swaybars off.

Oh, Mines a DD too! :D Makes sense since cars usually retain both swaybars! :laugh3:My rear swaybar is long gone! Course mines on 31's!

Nice jeep, wish I had 1/16 of the budget you had to spend on the jeep. (and yes the olympic hat rack is a pain, thats why its in two halves, thats how they thought they dealt with the different widths, but the side bars still have to be straight into the gutter mounts.)

Rear bumper isntalled
IMG00642-20100706-2150.jpg

I gave a spare driver's side taillamp to Dustin before the NWF2010 raffle.
Maybe he can hook you up?
Dunno what happened to it.

I gave a spare driver's side taillamp to Dustin before the NWF2010 raffle.
Maybe he can hook you up?
Dunno what happened to it.
I have tail lights, just not installed in that picture since bumper came right back off after that picture was taken.

im diggin that rear bumper, also, what do you do for a living?

That is one beautiful rig. Nice job, plus, you crack me up. I didn't notice until you mentioned it by your avatar...

r

hey man sweet jeep- I know what your saying about the bass... lol most people on here dont care at all but I have 2x kicker L7s with a kicker 1500 watt amp... one question.. what did you do (if anything) to get the back door to quit rattling so bad? ha drives me insane :D

quit buying pretty stuff and get some lockers, and if you are going to steal somebodies picture at least strip the EXIF data

Last edited:
I understand the logic of having a rear swayer on a DD, but... I've never had more than one drivable vehicle at a time, and both the XJs I had were swaybarless. One sat at 5" on 33s, cut the rear when I did the lift, cut the sides off the front cause they got in the way on the trail and tore the bar and mounts off using it as a last-resort recovery point. Second XJ was on 8ish" and 37s, and didn't have swaybars when I got it.

I was never involved in an accident that was my fault, let alone caused by the lack of swaybars, and it was never tippy or anything around corners.

BTW, nice rig, now you need to go give those fancy wheels some rock rash and scrape the expensive bedliner coating off the sliders... that's how you make sure it all works right :D

I understand the logic of having a rear swayer on a DD, but... I've never had more than one drivable vehicle at a time, and both the XJs I had were swaybarless. One sat at 5" on 33s, cut the rear when I did the lift, cut the sides off the front cause they got in the way on the trail and tore the bar and mounts off using it as a last-resort recovery point. Second XJ was on 8ish" and 37s, and didn't have swaybars when I got it.

I was never involved in an accident that was my fault, let alone caused by the lack of swaybars, and it was never tippy or anything around corners.

BTW, nice rig, now you need to go give those fancy wheels some rock rash and scrape the expensive bedliner coating off the sliders... that's how you make sure it all works right :D
Actually about 2 weeks ago I removed the rear sway bar, I just have been way to busy with work and school to update this thread.

About time for some updates

Cut and folded my rear quarters. I trimmed way past the pinch seam on the rear fenders then had it all welded shut by ACRO.
IMG00244-20101003-1525.jpg

IMG00243-20101003-1524.jpg

IMG00240-20101003-1524.jpg

IMG00239-20101003-1523.jpg

Blurry picture but here is the TNT 1-ton OTK steering. Repainted everything in the front with a few coats of black as well to clean it all up.
IMAG0032.jpg

Custom rear bumper made by YJB(JB-Weld, OD-XJ, or whatever his name is these days)
IMG00237-20101003-1523.jpg

IMG00241-20101003-1524.jpg

IMG00242-20101003-1524.jpg

40 sheets of Dynamat. Literally stripped the whole inside and covered everything.
IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

Mud flap brackets keep pulling the screws out so I got some fat beefy bolts and locknuts and drilled through the unibody and torqued those bad boys down. No problem since.

IMAG0253.jpg

And a few recent shots of how it sits now
IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

Back