• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nice xj project I have been working on at work

Cool! I didn't catch it but is it for you or a customer? Just curious what size and wall thickness square did you use? I'm getting ready to scratch my radius arms!

In the OP it refers to as his "buddies jeep". And I would guess that with the Clayton crossmember they are Clayton Long arms, unless I missed where they "built" the arms.

Yes I read that they were Claytons! I thought he may know and save me looking them up. I'll check the different arm suppliers for specs.

the xj is my best friend's xj since one of our other best friends moved down to NC a few years back i took over the modification of this jeep the owner had a spinal fusion in high school and cant do a lot of things like work on his jeep...and offhand i do not know wall thickness on clayton parts im sure they would be more than happy to tell you if it is not listed on their site...

my xj on the other hand is going to be getting a rear spartan locker and a steering box brace but other than that i am hoping it makes it through the season cause 1) i dont have the money to fix it 2) three potential things can happen steering is getting really crappy/ sye is making noise and leaking/ right under where the fuel filler neck passes through the subframe has holes so i am expecting that to break so im gonna wheel it till it dies then cause i hate new england so much probably fly down south and buy an mj if i dont live down there by time im ready

Last edited:
all thats left is to seam seal the rockers paint them and the shock hoops, mount rear shocks, change rear diff cover to a Solid axle ind. one because this blue torch doesnt have enough capacity to keep fluid in the axle tubes (blew out a rear bearing on test drive) and mount boostwerks steering box brace and put front bumper on then he will buy tires and rims and i will bump stop it...parts added during build

tnt customs mid stiffeners, liquid iron front stiff., hd offroad rear stiff., liquid iron diy shock hoops, bilstein 5100 shocks (used), clayton 4.5" leafs (used) with some old used rusty's 1" shackles, clayton long arm x-member and used clayton radius arms, tomken t-case skid (used) rustys offroad front leaf spring mount reinforcement plates, brown dog super mounts, power steering cooler, waggy 44's with 5.13 gears aussie lunchbox lockers tnt trusses and solid axle ind covers, and Spadano ind. rocker replacement (ROCKers)

other mods jeep had thor intake, np241or tcase, mild cam, aftermarket header, hd offroad shackle relocation brackets, custom 2.5" exhaust with magnaflow muffler, tom woods rear shaft, custom steel fender flares/ quarter guards, rare taillight guards, lund visor, detours a-pillar light brackets, rustys offroad stinger winch bumper, rustys tcase skid

Back