• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie RK or RE?

For quality products RE far outshines all the others except maybe OME. I would pick RE over RK anyday of the week including next weekend.

R/E are really good lifts.. however I know from personal experience that the R/K ( Rock Krawler ) 4.5" kit netted well over 4.5'', closer to 5 'n change, and has been put through hell and back. The only thing thats bad if anything, are the shocks. A little too stiff, but come on.. its a jeep :p

mikeforte said:
For quality products RE far outshines all the others except maybe OME. I would pick RE over RK anyday of the week including next weekend.

OME is great for a stock jeep waning to ride smoothly... j/k but he's looking for something in the 4.5" flavor and OME just doesnt quite get there...

RE's 4.5" KIT is great.. Im running it currently, however I did away w/ the short arms and put on the RK LA upgrade and now it's even better. As far as springs go I dont think you can go wrong with RE. If you go RE 4.5" superflex go ahead and upgrade to the HD trackbar and bracket... ALSO get some good shocks they will greatly prolong the life of you springs. Something like the RE monotube or some Bilsteins or Fox, etc.

All springs are going to settle over time as you abuse them but some just faster than others. The next time I do springs Im going to look at some Alcan leafs and will definetly be doing RE's 4.5" ZJ springs up front pretty soon...

EDIT: I like Dirks leafs at DPG but just dont want to drop the coin on them until they are tried and true.... maybe you should try those for us???

Want to say thanks for the input. I think Im in the right area for the lifts im thinking about. And civil engineer its funny you mentioned DPG caused I thought about that one also , but dont want to be the guinea pig either ,will leave that to someone else. I will be ordering tommorrow I will let you guys know. Thanks

Back