• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newb

cherokeedude3

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, chris here, im a newb. I just bought a 99 cherokee stock. the cheap version. It has 1ook on it. If i put 33's on it what vibrations or parts will i have to mess with to get everything back in order? How big of a lift can i put on it before it screws things up? Any suggestions on mods to help get a quick start? good websites? etc.

Thanks ~chris

cherokeedude3 said:
Hi, chris here, im a newb. I just bought a 99 cherokee stock. the cheap version. It has 1ook on it. If i put 33's on it what vibrations or parts will i have to mess with to get everything back in order? How big of a lift can i put on it before it screws things up? Any suggestions on mods to help get a quick start? good websites? etc.

Thanks ~chris

33s will likely necessate a 4.5" lift. This will require some fender trimming, and a slip yoke eliminator.
2" lift is about the max without mesing with anything else.

Try the Search feature. You can learn tons of info. by doing so. I have found all kinds of answers with out even asking questions. There is a lots and lots of great info on this site that is extremly useful.:paperwork

I've been running 30x9.5 with a 2" RE budget boost lift for a while now. You MIGHT be able to get away with 31s on this setup. I had minor vibes until I put on a transfer case lowering kit. If you just want your Jeep to look a little better, I'd recommend this. But if you're going to do some major wheeling, I'd go for a bigger lift with at least 33s and a SYE. Good luck.

Back