• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New towing vehicle

kunaji

Essayons
I have started down that slippery slope of trailering to events. It's not a 1-ton diesel mega-super-ultra cab dually like some of yours, but it will haul cars the 2-3 times a year I would like to. As a bonus, it even has a selectable rear locker.

Now if only I had a trailer.....

HPIM0460.jpg

Sharp truck!

I've been looking for a truck for a while now. I've drove several. Just nothing that's gave me that warm and fuzzy yet.

As for milage, I know others that have traded their Titans off due to poor fuel economy. Slurp, slurp, slurp big time. 9-10mpg. That's not towing.

Sweet headlamps, BTW. :D

Pat said:
It's a Frontier, right?

My buddy has used one to tow a CJ5 and it apparently did ok.

Right, Matt's truck is a Frontier.

XJ Stryker said:
I thought it was a Titan oops:wow:

Titans have 3 relfex lenses, Frontiers have 2....er, maybe I've got it backasswards.:dunno: Now, I'm confused!

Haleyes said:
Titans have 3 relfex lenses, Frontiers have 2....er, maybe I've got it backasswards.:dunno: Now, I'm confused!

:roflmao:You have alot better chance of being right than I do. I forgot there was even a truck called frontier till Pat mentioned it. Either way it is a damn fine truck right.

It's an '05 NISMO Frontier. I traded in my '95 nissan hardbody for it and easily doubled my rated towing capacity. It has nearly double the hp/tq too. It's rated for towing 6300 lbs, which is easily enough for me to tow a trailer with either my xj on it or to flat tow my cj5.

I haven't run a full tank of gas through it yet to verify mileage, but the computer says it gets about 17 with the type of driving I do. My old one got about 19 so it's in the same ballpark at least. Much more fun to drive since it doesn't ride so rough and it actually has passing power.

kunaji said:
It's an '05 NISMO Frontier. I traded in my '95 nissan hardbody for it and easily doubled my rated towing capacity. It has nearly double the hp/tq too. It's rated for towing 6300 lbs, which is easily enough for me to tow a trailer with either my xj on it or to flat tow my cj5.

I haven't run a full tank of gas through it yet to verify mileage, but the computer says it gets about 17 with the type of driving I do. My old one got about 19 so it's in the same ballpark at least. Much more fun to drive since it doesn't ride so rough and it actually has passing power.

A trail-ready XJ on a 16 ft. trailer is going to be right at if not above that 6300 lb. rating and that is probably the rating with a load distributing hitch if I had to guess. You will also definitely want trailer brakes with a truck that light.

Something to consider.

Nice truck! Always liked the nismos.

can't go wrong with a nissan when it comes to reliability. good looking truck bro

Nice truck.

So....hanging around with us all this time and you still went import?

Bold move.

Why am I reminded of the Tundra commercial, "get in"

Sure is pretty.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Nice truck.

Bold move.

Sure is pretty.

Rev

You're pretty :sad1:

Rev Den said:
Nice truck.

Bold move.

Sure is pretty.

Rev
It's just as imported as a Ford or Chevy is and better built to boot. It's even more american built than a Land Rover. Mine was made in Smyrna, TN. Methinks they keep alot of Americans employed in that area.

kunaji said:
Mine was made in Smyrna, TN. Methinks they keep alot of Americans employed in that area.

I'll verify that. Lots of folks employed by Nissan down there.

Back