• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New To Greensboro area...

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

Ive had a cherokee for about 7 years now....

Currently, it is sitting on longarms, 33 Firestone M/t's and around 6.5" of lift.

Im attending law school at Elon so I'll be in Greensboro for a few years at least. Im dying to get my jeep out on the trail... especially since there is no Whitewater around to keep me occupied(Jackson All-Star and a Wavesport Diesel, in case anyone asks)...

Is there a decent Jeep scene?? Im hoping to make it to Uwharrie soon, but it's a little unmotivating when I have no one to go with... I hear Uwharrie is pretty decent, not too much mud, etc... is this true?

Hope to meet some of you guys soon, and get the Jeep out on the trail!!

Brian

p.s. Look me up on facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/briangregorylawson

Welcome to the SE. There is some type of whitwater training center or something like that in Charlotte. There are some rivers in NC and SC too. I think there are some trying ot get a group together to go to URE soon. URE is fun and farily easy.... unless it rains. Then all bets are off and its a sludge fest. The mountain has a good bit of clay type soil as the base of the trails and it gets slick fast. Makes it more fun IMHO without all the deep water to eat your engine.

Thanks Ghost, Uwharrie sounds fun, Daniels trail looks beast....

I just ordered a Front ARB, 30 spline chromoly shafts, and a trac-lock for the rear so Ill be beating myself over the head trying to do some big obstacles in the very, very near future!

Thanks Ghost, Uwharrie sounds fun, Daniels trail looks beast....

I just ordered a Front ARB, 30 spline chromoly shafts, and a trac-lock for the rear so Ill be beating myself over the head trying to do some big obstacles in the very, very near future!

Added you on FB too.

Welcome!

US National White Water Center here in Charlotte (about 20 min up the road from me if you're ever down this way): http://usnwc.org/

Grew up in Greensboro/High Point, so I know that area well also.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Triad-Trail-Junkies/139959559385138

We are based in greensboro, about 18 members, many other friends, and plenty of jeeps.

We get together for regular meet and greets, we have some trails on a members land we are working on as we can.

We go out for beers and wings all the time, we get together for parties (throwing a bon fire october 1st) etc...

We are all about 18-25ish

Hit me up if you ever wanna come out or do the facebook thing and ill get back to you.
Computer is broken so this is not the best way to get me.

336 430 7842, Hit me up monday, I work all this weekend

Last edited:
Awesome!! Ive seen you guys on FB. Ill give you a shout monday

I just threw down on a Trac-Lock rear LSD, an ARB front, 30 Spline Chromoly Axles, outer seals, compressor, etc.... along with the 4.88's i have to go in, the Jeep will be getting a big upgrade!!!

UNCC-99jx, do you paddle?

Green river isnt too far pretty known for white water, Its something that i want to start to get into this summer i bought all the equipment minus a helmet i still have to get one of them, but i am a noob still i havent done anything in it other then practice my rolls.

James, we should paddle sometime, Im somewhat a noob too.. my roll is pretty bombproof though!

we should just hit up some flatwater and play around!!! flatwater tricks go a long way when you apply them inside a nice wave!!!

What kind of boat do you have?
I have a big fishing sit on top, an 2009 Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13
A River/Creek, 2011 Wavesport Diesel 75
and I just bought a play boat last week, used 2010(i think) Jackson All-Star

Awesome!! Ive seen you guys on FB. Ill give you a shout monday

I just threw down on a Trac-Lock rear LSD, an ARB front, 30 Spline Chromoly Axles, outer seals, compressor, etc.... along with the 4.88's i have to go in, the Jeep will be getting a big upgrade!!!

UNCC-99jx, do you paddle?

Not at the moment, but i've been thinking about getting into it soon.

Im pretty stoked about the big upgrades!!! should arrive this week, hopefully i can get them installed within the month!

Im still needing to find someone to do a gear and locker install, along with welding some lca brackets!, any suggestions?

Chase @ East Coast Gear does them. Not sure how far he is from you though.

Chase is expensive. He quoted me at $500 for a d30 gear install without parts. Also seen his price on a friends SAS Tundra.... yeah.

You are only 3-4 hours away from some decent rivers. Probably the closest is the Nantahala, the river running is pretty calm, class 3s, but the facilities are fantastic and they have a great play hole that will get huge before too long for the 2013 worlds.

Not to mention there are some of the most renown and skilled playboaters that frequent the place/live there.

Cnickgo, Wow, that is expensive... I've actually been hooked up with a guy through Triad Trail Junkies to do my gear installs, so it looks like they will be in the weekend of the 5th and 6th of November..

I'm pretty stoked, not only for the air locker and lsd, but mainly to give my transmission some slack, poor thing runs 2nd and 3rd all day long..LoL

Back