• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW! T&T Rock-Tek Coils & Leaf Springs

Moderator, please delete this thread as clearly some people cannot take no for an answer and want to continue making an issue out of this.

Thank You

Yea, cause we would hate to make you mad for us wanting to BUY the right SPRINGS with OUR MONEY.

Thank you for not letting us buy your product.
Have a nice day:D

Got to put my .02 in here. Why don't you call Rod or Bob and tell them what you are running for suspension, bumpers, winch's and they can tell you if these springs will work for you or not. These guys build great parts and build even better rigs.:peace:

I support T&T because i owned a custom Motorcycle shop and we were copied for many designs which eventually cause our demise im sure if you give them a call and explain your rig they will advise if their spring is the best for your rig

I'm in a better mood today :D

These coils were designed to provide 5.5" of lift with an aftermarket bumper and a 8-9K pound winch and are manufactured by a company with a reputation for building quality springs.

I will say that they are a similar rate to RE's 5.5" XJ coil which were known for being a good coil, we used them for the last 5 years in all our kits, so if those were too soft for you then you should probably look at having a custom set made by Deaver or someone else. I don't know if anyone makes anything that I would consider stiffer than RE's although there are a couple that've come out in the last couple years that we have no experience with.

Why do you say they are too soft? How is your front end setup? What shocks? Swaybar?

Rod

Thanks for a response we can use Rod. :) At least now it gives us a comparison, unfortunately this means they probably won't work for my needs. Again I don't think any of us were trying to beat you up and I surely do appreciate you being a NAXJA sponsor. I think we were just looking for a bit more than your standard "these will provide XX" lift" answer.

Why do I say my RE springs are soft? Well I don't think I have your typical XJ...

One reason I went with Deaver springs...combined with a lot of your lift parts.

Granted this was a few years ago but even then, I wanted to know exactly what I was buying.

As far as having parts you sell copied...Chalk it up to the fact that the best things are often imitated.

I understand your reasoning but I think your attitude towards it might cause you to shoot yourself in the foot.

Customer always comes first right? Guess my next set of springs will come from Deaver again (If I ever wear them out)

As far as spring rates go, really not hard to figure out if you have them in front of you. As soon as somebody has a set, by taking a few measurements we would know what the rate is. But I am actually more inclined to side with the TNT guys on this one. R&D is a cost we sometimes forget about! But based on their other products I would guess most of us would be happy with the rate.

Disclaimer I like TNT and I appreciate their support for the XJ market. And the only reason I am posting at all is that this has become a sort of meta argument about the argument. Okay. It's a ridiculous argument.

They already said they kinda sorta copied the RE spring rate, now they don't want somebody else to kinda sorta copy them. Go QQ in your beer. If you want to take food off somebody else' dinner table you don't get to cry in public about keeping it a secret

FYI it's a spring.... They have been around since the 15 century, every spring is A copy of that design. If that don't want to give you the info you want then don't buy from them.

They already said they kinda sorta copied the RE spring rate, now they don't want somebody else to kinda sorta copy them. Go QQ in your beer. If you want to take food off somebody else' dinner table you don't get to cry in public about keeping it a secret

Copying would have involved finding out RE's rate then giving it to a manufacturer and having them build springs to that spec. None of which we did. Yes we wanted soemthing similar, but we did the legwork to get there.

ashmanjeepXJ said:
I say buy new,

you can calculate the spring rate of a junk yard coil using this formula.
Coil Spring rate:
[11,250,000 x coil spring wire diameter^4] / [8 x # of active coils x avg. coil diameter^3]
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/pbf31e61bc1716baf1c2de51e79529b1d/fdc2a247.jpg

Leaf spring rate Formula:
[((Width of leaves in inches)X(Number of leaves))/12]X[(1000Xthickness of one leaf in inches)/(length of spring eye to eye)]^3= spring rate

Some research I found over the years on coil springs for the XJ
Id just buy new ones. i know there is errors in there but some of it is helpful
COILS:
OEM XJ is supposedly 142-147 lb/in rate. 17" length 5.25" diameter
OEM ZJ with 4.0 is supposedly 190 lb/in rate front and rear.

OME 930 coils: 160 lb. spring rate. 1.75" of lift on XJ
OME 934 coils: 180 lb. spring rate.The 934 spring is 35 mm (1.37") longer than the 930 spring.
The 930 is listed as a XJ or ZJ I-6 spring and the 934 is listed as a ZJ V-8 spring but is also used on the XJ. the 934 should give about 2.5in lift.
Tera 4" TJ coils give 4.5" of lift on an XJ and have a 200 lb/in rate , 20.25" tall unloaded
Tera 3" TJ coils give 3.5" of lift on an XJ and have a 170 lb/in rate
RE 4.5in ZJ coils are 240 lb/in. give 6"-6.25" of lift on an XJ 22" tall unloaded
RE 5.5XJ coils are 4.5ZJ coils.
Rusty's 6.5" 22" long, 12 wraps of 5/16" stock
Rusty's 4.5" coils give 5" of lift and have a 150 lb/in rate, 22" tall unloaded
Rustys 3" coils give 3" and have 150 lb/in rate.
Rancho 3" coils, at least the old coils give about 2 1/4" of lift on an XJ and have a very high 235 lb/in rate.
rockkrawler 6.5" are 165 lbs/in
SJ 3" ZJ coils 218 lbs/in
SJ 6in XJ RR coil is 13 coils and same height and thickness as the RE ZJ4.5in XJ5.5in coil.

Copied from a Pirate thread after a quick Google search.

However, your leafs are in the running for replacing my current RE 3.5".

I am interested in the 3.5" leaves, are they any longer than the stock leaves? I currently have a 3.5" bastard pack and end up with very poor shackle angles due to the length. This would be a great upgrade.

Back