• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Product - Cherokee Sideplates/Rocker Plates

I too would like to see more pics of installs. I hope to order some smooth guards soon, and install once the weather is warmer (I'm in NY). Plan to Herculine them on the facing surface before install.

Also interested in different mounting ideas. I plan on black rivets, but curious what other methods people recommend.
Also thinking about running a bead of sealant around the edges to keep crap out from between the guards and the body. Actually considered 3M trim tape, but it would get pricey to use that much of it.

If I were to do it, I would use Sikaflex or maybe 3M's 5200

I think either of those would do a fine job for this application, and would avoid drilling. However, getting them off at a later date, well, that is a bit difficult. :)

Also interested in different mounting ideas. I plan on black rivets, but curious what other methods people recommend.
Also thinking about running a bead of sealant around the edges to keep crap out from between the guards and the body. Actually considered 3M trim tape, but it would get pricey to use that much of it.

I had to cut the sideplates to fit around bushwhackers and installed with 3M tape. For those of you who were wondering if the tape would hold, it holds great and should not have a problem with them falling off.
26229480057_large.jpg

I used 2 packages of 3M's large tape rolls, they were probably 2 inches wide or so. They were 9 bucks a piece at Wal-Mart but I had a little left over. # months later I have had no problems with any panel wanting to fall off.

I used 2 packages of 3M's large tape rolls, they were probably 2 inches wide or so. They were 9 bucks a piece at Wal-Mart but I had a little left over. # months later I have had no problems with any panel wanting to fall off.

Cool. Just ordered mine. I will probably do a combo of 3M and rivets (in the corners). I will have to see, sounds like you have had good luck with just the tape though.

Thanks

That black on red looks great with those flares.

Don't forget right now there is a 10% NAXJA discount coupon code going on!

Back