• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Pottenger 4.6 Supercharged engine kit

lazyxj

NAXJA Member #1310
Over the past year, I have been helping a friend, in poor health, build his 1997 XJ. He, unfortunately died of cancer last month, bringing this project to an end before completion.
Closing his estate requires selling this kit.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lwade/albums/72157663342067420

Russ Pottenger 4.6L engine, built to match the Rimmer supercharger and manifold.
New, ported Edlebrock head, with the full Russ treatment.
Pistons and cam are matched to the M62 blower.
The manifold is designed to fit the stock XJ engine bay and has been ported by Russ.
The M62 supercharger has been professionally rebuilt by Stiegemeier, including re-coating of the rotors.
http://stiegemeier.com/
The extra fuel demands, under boost, are handled by a tunable plug and play Split Second controller.
The supercharger kit is fairly complete, lacking a 68MM throttle body and injectors. It will require modifying the stock throttle cable bracket.
All parts are new, never run or used.
In all, there is over $9000 invested, $3500 in the supercharger kit alone.
I would like $7000 for the complete kit.
If someone offers enough for the supercharger kit alone, I will consider splitting it from the engine.
Accessories to this kit are available and will be posted in a separate message.

Sad to hear, but he had great taste. That is a thing of beauty.
It is a beautiful engine and should produce a ton of power, it has all the right parts, built by a well respected engine builder.
If the kit doesn't sell, I'm considering having Russ change to higher compression pistons and buying the engine for my 2001 XJ.
The ported aluminum Edlebrock head is overkill for my needs but would enable a higher compression ratio.

The Rick Rimmer supercharger manifold was rough to begin with but Russ performed his magic and cleaned it up nicely, making sure to match the ports precisely. It looks properly done now.
The supplied supercharger was worn, with rough bearings and chipped rotors. Rick wouldn't exchanged it or supply a rebuilt one. Maybe he should offer it as an option.
I couldn't buy another compressor since the suppled M62 has been modified to fit the XJ's engine bay. So, the compressor was sent out for a nearly $800 rebuild.
This isn't a half-ass, thrown together budget job. We wanted this engine to run right and for a long time.

sorry to hear about your friend. this is a killer motor for the price. good luck with the sale.

Back