• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New person needing a bit of help

badron

NAXJA Forum User
Hello. I am Chad. BadRon's son. I am sorta new to the whole Jeep experience. I am planning on getting an 88 Cherokee Laredo soon and I am wondering if anyone had some pics from what they did to theirs so I can get a feeling as to what its like. Since Im only in High School I am going to leave it stock and just use it as transportation. But in college and later on I am planning on stepping it up a bit.

Any pictures would be appreciated. Any advice would be also.

Chad
(soon to be known as 88LaredoMann)

Last edited:
A Laredo is nothing but an XJ with a different trim package for the most part. The heavy ribbed plastic door trim is the big identifier. Not much difference outside of that. Painted fender flares and bumper to match the body color.

Anyone else wanna chime in to help the NEWB?

There are tons of pics available for viewing out there. If you are interested in building it up, I suggest registering a username, logging in and starting to read.

Start by searching topics you are interested in. You will very likely have to sift through dozens of worthless threads to find gems of information, but they are there for the taking if you put in the effort.

Pics can be viewed in the Picture Forum, or also on http://www.xjdb.com.

Once you have some questions that need answering that you cannot find the answers for, feel free to post up in the forums. Try to keep your posts confined to the correct forum. For example:
  • Questions about stock equipment or maintenance go in the OEM Tech Forum.
  • Questions about modified components, or build-related questions belong in the Modified Tech Forum.
  • Very advanced technical issues are dealt with in the Advanced Fabrication Forum.
  • Power and engine performance-based issues including streetability belong in the Street & Performance Forum.
Searching through each of these Forums will hopefully get you started in the right direction...

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Welcome to NAXJA!

:wave:

Back