• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New jeep line(another one)

dyna

NAXJA Forum User
Our local dealer just got in some of the new hummer lookin jeep wagons. Trail rated? hell, grandma`s 76 monte carlo has more ground clearance it seems. Buuuuuuuuuuttttttt ugly. Whats the world comming to?

it has 8.6" of clearance to an xj's 10.6", not too bad. stock front/rear electronic lockers, ability to seat 7 people, waaaaay more powertrain options, and rusty's offroad is already lifting one for a project and is promising aftermarket support in the very near future. hey at least it's not a hummer!

dyna said:
Our local dealer just got in some of the new hummer lookin jeep wagons. Trail rated? hell, grandma`s 76 monte carlo has more ground clearance it seems. Buuuuuuuuuuttttttt ugly. Whats the world comming to?

You thought it looked like a hummer too?
Thats what I said!
but nobody agreed with me.
I think its goddamn ugly and the grill and shape looks damn close to a hummers. tsk tsk.

Both me and the misses thought it said hummer all over the front end. Yeah, I can see it with about 6" of lift and some 33`s. dont know what it has for power but a hemi would be cool I suppose. Its looks cool in the commercials but in the flesh it looks out of porportion. Bigger tires would be an improvement definatly.

You can't really say the front end looks like a hummer, because when the H2 first came I think chrysler had a word with GM about coping the "trade mark jeep" grill design. I like the comander for what it is. I'd take it over a dodge Durango. Which is what it is based off of.

I saw a AEV brute a few weeks back in Bloomington, Indiana.

I really wish something like that would hit the market.

But, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which gets filled up first.

Dirk Pitt said:

But, you can wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which gets filled up first.

was it the yellow hi-lift brute? i havent seen any others in person. i'd love to have one of those.

Pat said:
was it the yellow hi-lift brute? i havent seen any others in person. i'd love to have one of those.

That's the one.

Pretty sweet!

Ok for everyone that thinks it looks like a Hummer GET A STRONGER PAIR OF GLASSES!!!!! Second even though I would love to see the XJ back into production this is as close as its going to get we just have to learn to accept it.

They need to put a solid front axle under the new Jeep Patriot. Its the closest looking thing to an XJ that jeep has has out in the last few years.

Too bad it might only be front or all wheel drive. :mad:

Dirk Pitt said:

I'm constipated.

:eye:

That new commander reminds me of a XJ on steroids. I may just have to pick one up in a few years. By the way, the Cherokee still lives over here in Japan. Too bad though it's just a Liberty. It is kind of a disgrace to the Cherokee.

Back