• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New hood vent(I haven't seen anyone with it yet at least)

I dont like it at all man...Very atypical from your other mods...Sorry haha

I'm not minding the looks so bad, but it's still not sitting right with me, but it's redeeming it's self with how well it's working, I can see heat waves a foot and a half off the hood when I'm sitting at stoplights.

its been done before sorry !!
someone else did it a couple of years ago i don't remember the persons name but they had it mounted further forward .
and i posted one about a month ago in the body work forum . I'm just not done with the cowl part yet .and my pics look like crap compared to yours .
other wise looks good what did u use to mount it ?

Right now it's got two 14"x1"x1/8" aluminum flat bars bent with "hooks" at either end of it, but want to re work them a little, and add one in the middle, I'll post up some pics in a couple of days when I give it another stab and add the center bracket.

Well I finally got to test it out this weekend on the trails, and I have to say it worked perfectly. Tuns of heat coming out of it, several short stops and shut it down, NO heat soak issues at all. Now I think I'm going to do the Taurus fan swap just for a little extra....

The heck with the vent, the first thing I noticed was the Dodge! Those were the days...

What's weird is that the model in that add is probably 70 years old now. And the verbage would never fly with today's PC crowd.

I've always said if it wasn't for Jeepin' I'd have me a nice Mopar.

By the way, I like the way the vent looks. Good job. It's cleaner than some of the other choices - better for a late model Cherokee in my opinion.

If the XJ hood didn't have the channel in the middle, it would look much better. Not bad though, and if it's functional, then it serves its purpose.

My Z34 vents don't help much at speed either, but on the trail the heat pours out. I still have heat soak occasionally, but I usually just override the aux fan when we are stopped.

It clashes with the bodylines on the hood.

what if you cut a bit more and put it level with the sides of the channel, that would get rid of the gap and make it more visually appealing and still keep the function (if there is one) of the channel in the hood

just my .01

doug

its been done before sorry !!
someone else did it a couple of years ago i don't remember the persons name but they had it mounted further forward .
and i posted one about a month ago in the body work forum . I'm just not done with the cowl part yet .and my pics look like crap compared to yours .
other wise looks good what did u use to mount it ?

Finally got around to doing a mounting a way I am comfortable with:
Photo2-3.jpg

I had to modify the vent because when I was screwing around with it today I found two of the mounts had broken off, and the other two were stripping out, ended up making it more like the LeBaron vents(screw though the top)

Back