• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New here& have a mystery to solve.

a wrongly indexed dizzy will set the 1391 and if it's too far off, will make the engine run rough(or not at all). . .

Ok, today's the first time I have been home, and had a free day where it is not inhumane outside. Thanks to Sidewinder's post above, I went through& cleaned all the above grounds& also cleaned the body side termination of the bonding braid from the cylinder head to firewall. The shop I took it to had cleaned, the ground 101 but not as well as I would have liked. did not touch the grounds at 106. and the ground at the firewall had some nice zinc oxide growing in it.
However, it still is running rough, and when you speed up the engine you will see the tachometer drop back as the engine stumbles& misses. so it looks like the computer is loosing the distributor input.
FWIW at one point there was a leak on the upper radiator hose, leaving a residue on the AC compressor on the distributor side.

Back