• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy to STL area

besthaticouldo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

New guy to the STL (midwest), came from SoCal. Haven't had my XJ for a few years, but will be getting another one shortly as a daily/funrig/winter/camping truck. My current car is a 2011 WRX that's getting torn down to get an LS3 with cam and nitrous and RWD conversion. I used to have a 95 XJ country and that's kind of what I'm looking for again.

Name's Derrick and I'm just saying hi, I'll be around more for sure.

Welcome, you should mark the first weekend of March down for our annual event, Winterfest in Attica, IN.

mac 'we are nicer than socal tards' gyvr

HAHAHA, I live in the import world usually. So everyone is nicer than those idiots. Feel their cars are god's gift to earth.

I may be able to do that, that's my wife's birthday. So I'm sure that'll go over well.

Thanks

HAHAHA, I live in the import world usually. So everyone is nicer than those idiots. Feel their cars are god's gift to earth.

I may be able to do that, that's my wife's birthday. So I'm sure that'll go over well.

Thanks

Like I tell my wife...due mostly to my line of work.

Holidays can be celebrated on any day...

My anniversary is always around Winterfest...

mac 'but we got married at the event a few years ago' gyvr

OutkastBoss is out that way, he's got a silver XJ pulling half a silver XJ....can't miss it!

Thanks I appreciate the welcome. I'll keep an eye out.

If anyone happens to stumble upon a good condition XJ please give me a shout, I've got my eyes out and I'm ready to buy.

Really looking for 4.0, auto, HPD30, and 8.25.

Wassup welcome to the area, not a lot of ppl here from Stl., There is another guy Donthelegend and one of my good friends Chachi but he isn't active here.

If your looking for a rig check out Midwest jeep things classifieds section or Jeffco Jeep clubs Fb page they are pretty active locally.

You have to go wheel at Washita and wheel up to bald knob its great. I havent been to them all but I have a list of like 12 or so orv parks within 3 hrs of Stl. so there is plenty to check out. Everyones going to tell you to go to St. Joe which is full of lead and crowded with atv/dirtbikes. Or Buchanan's for "Mud Fest", maybe your into that shit but Imo it is retarded.

Btw Winterfest is worth it if you can make it. We decided to make it a yearly trip for my family and it has lead to some good friends and trips to other events and areas we might not have visited.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'll have to check some of those places out.

Really wanna build something I can go camping with my dog in and just enjoy. I miss my XJ big time.

Welcome!

Last I heard washita had been sold and was no longer open... has this changed?

Midwest Jeep thing I think was able to get access back and there is a FB page only now. there is something like one weekend a month of open wheeling and maybe one additional Mwjt run or something like that.

It sucks its not like it was, we used to just show up camp out on the trails and drop by the office in the morn. Now you have to be out by dark I think.

Despite that if you can make it up to bald knob I still think it is worth it.
Jeffco Jeep club goes to Moonlight a lot as I think it is the closest, they also have access to much closer private land in Jeffco if your feeling social.

If you get the chance to meet Matt and his family, have him make you some enchilada casserole!

If you get the chance to meet Matt and his family, have him make you some enchilada casserole!

That sounds absolutely delicious actually haha.

If I got a jeep that needed some work is there anyone around that could possibly help me wrench and get it road worthy?

I was possibly looking at this one...
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4525677273.html

If I could snag it for like 1k I could probably get it in good driving shape for about 1500 more. Be under budget...

Re: Re: New guy to STL area

That sounds absolutely delicious actually haha.

If I got a jeep that needed some work is there anyone around that could possibly help me wrench and get it road worthy?

I was possibly looking at this one...
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4525677273.html

If I could snag it for like 1k I could probably get it in good driving shape for about 1500 more. Be under budget...
Oh dude, you have no idea.......it's good stuff!

Oh dude, you have no idea.......it's good stuff!

Hahaha, I bet it is.

I'm absolutely dying to get back into an XJ. Selling mine was one of my worst regrets.

11152008118.jpg

It was the first vehicle my wife and I bought together. We both enjoyed it. Now we have kids and I want to be able to enjoy camping and wheeling with them. What better way than an XJ!

Back