• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New forum suggestion

MGrobe

NAXJA Member #968
Gentlemen,

I submit the following for your consideration. Not that NAXJA doesn't have enough forums already, but I think it would be a great idea to add a vendor feedback area. Call it Kudos & Krapola. Then threads that bash or rarely praise a vendor can be in an appropriate place and not peeving people in the tech areas. Dirt Road magazine used to have something similar that was handy years ago, but unfortunately it has gone dormant. http://www.dirtroadmagazine.com/tne.htm

I don't know if this type of subject is supposed to naturally appear in off-topic, but I personally never venture there and would never think to look for such comments in there. But would go to the vendors area if it existed.

I think something in the NAXJA classifieds section would be of help to people that want to share good and bad experiences. But, I also think it would need to be modded heavily, due to confliction arguements and bitching among everyone. I see it getting out of hand quickly, and being more of a pain in the ass than it may be worth. My .02 on the subject.

True. Unfortunately any tool can be used wisley or poorly. I meant to mention that perhaps restricting posts in that section to members with 50 or more posts. That would hopefully cut down on people that want to do immature pranks.

I would rather try and fail, then to never try at all.

Ummm..most of the immature remarks come from those with m ore than 50 post;)

Ha! Yep, it is possible that it could happen that way. I was thinking it would be used to stop someone from creating four user accounts and bashing a particular vendor. If each account had to have 50 posts first, then it definitely make it harder to abuse the tool.

Unfortunately to an extent we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I would rather do and take my chances.

CanMan said:
I think something in the NAXJA classifieds section would be of help to people that want to share good and bad experiences. But, I also think it would need to be modded heavily, due to confliction arguements and bitching among everyone. I see it getting out of hand quickly, and being more of a pain in the ass than it may be worth. My .02 on the subject.

Like another post we had this week. Goatman spoke up and said he was going to delete it if the guy did not call the vendor before complaining about the product. I think it is a good idea, but it would have to have a lot of rules. Maybe let people post in there, and before everyone can see it the moderators would have to approve it. I see that being the only way to make it work. Unless it is a bragging post about a vendor. Then any of those should be ok.

Back