• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New fender flare mod (pics!)

AHAA!
I just saw them. Front flares from a Toyota Tundra.
Nice, but if you bought them new, BWs would probably be cheaper.

Yeah, they look like Toyota flares to me too, but there are a lot that look very similar so its hard to tell. :cool:

hackedxj said:
47b4db24b3127ccebe42301ed3d90000001610
pj74.jpg

:dunno: Seems pretty close.... (s10 Zr2)

hackedxj said:
Yea, better than that an excuse to lose the thornbirds.I plan on putting on some 33 12.50 BFG mud terrians in a few weeks with two more inches of lift

Get some 35" mtrs instead. It looks good. Man you have alot of room for some bigger tires. What are those flares off of ford, toyota? You really cut into those fenders. Your going to have a little bit of a harder time replicating that fender flare in the back with the 4 door model, you'll probably end up putting half of the flare on the door itself. As a summary, good work. How much did the fender flares cost? I know the bushwackers are way to expensive and can be tore up pretty bad offroad.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, it's inspired me to get back to work on the rest of the flares.Sorry about so long between posts,been working to much.
Good work SouthernXJ and XTrmXJ, between the two of you, you have solve it.You guys should be working on cold case files.Let me guess, you found explorer carpet fibers on my picture link LoL.or may be the explorer center caps.There was also some very good guesses made,kinda makes you wonder what they would look like.
I suppose you could call them "reverse cut" Explorer flares. I used the left rear on the right front and the right rear on the left front,using pieces of a front flare to get the lenght.The rear will require some serious cutting and rebuilding on the wheel well,part of the flare will be on the rear door as ASHman was saying.I have already "mocked up" a rear flare and held it in place,can see nothing that will be a real problem,I think it will look great and make lots of space.As for the tire size I'll probably go for the 33's since this is my dd,and I have 3:55 gearing,although 35 MTR's would be nice!And yes I only have 4" Skyjacker springs in front from a TJ,It sets level But all the missing metal makes it look like its going uphill.The price of this will only depend on how cheap you can land some xplorer flares.Think this covers most of the ?'s.
If your not sure you can do this DON"T start it,I don't want to be blamed for some kid axeing the side of his moms 01 Limited."Duuude I think I just cut on the wrong side of the door handle,my bad".....I'll post some pics doing the others,and you can see the pros and cons.Judging by some of the awsome trail rigs on this site I'm sure there are people that can do this mod and do it better than I, just don't want to mislead.Be glad to help any way I can.Thanks

Back