• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New digs for the tow rig

Fullsizexj

NAXJA Forum User
did some trading and got me a better place to sleep when out on wheelin trips now, Has stove, sink,fridge, heater, upper bunk and a dinette that converts to a bed also, just need to clean the outside of it real good and it will be ready to go

DSCF7619.jpg

DSCF7620.jpg

b76fd46c.jpg

edb02973.jpg

DSCF7616.jpg

DSCF7615.jpg

I have had a shell on the back of my truck and a futon matress that I sleep on but that still is pretty cramped but at least it was comfortable and warm, this will be much nicer though

I kept looking into enclosed trailer's that were big enough to convert the front into a camper but decided this would be a better solution for my needs at this point. I already have a trailer and truck so a slide in camper was the best route to go without haveing to start all over again

Well we have a better place to sleep now, sold my pop up slide in camper last Thursday and made a trip to KY and got a better one, I will probably fix it up and sell this one also and get a better one again
Here are the pics from the ad
3ne3pe3o25V05Q05P0aaae977f6217e651967.jpg

3n13k03l55O45V25Z5aaa6c1dcfbbc5701dd4.jpg

3n53k13o35Y25Z15U3aaae8d76c3eb7b11cfa.jpg

3k63o33l55V25X55S5aaadcca9c1b542e1442.jpg

I have been making some repairs and some updates also to it, opened up the front bunk and found a bunch of rotted wood so I reframed all of it and am adding new wall and ceiling skins to it along with all new 12 volt lights and wiring

1e3b6e19.jpg

a2afe285.jpg

f311aa78.jpg

a79ed0a6.jpg

If you're planning on doing any kind of winter wheeling(even november) you might want to check out a spray foam insulation company to come in and just butter the exterior walls. Helps keep in the heat and with a space that small 30 minutes with a small electric space heater and you'd be warm all night if its properly insulated.

Love the second slide in though man, good find. Too big for me, but it would be nice to have that extra space.

I am replacing the cheap 1/4" fiberglass insulation with the good stuff, it also has a funace already so it will stay plenty warm inside. With my heart condition, I don't go out when it gets really cold anyways. I needed the extra space for when the family and dog come along, we did a trip about a month ago and the other one just did not have enough room for us, this one will work much better

well got the front bunk all done except for cutains, trying to decide what I want to tackle next. I will post up picks when my buddy stops by and takes some

Back