• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Never ending Overheat

I've found that the water pump ( a flowcooler high output in my rig) does not move enough water at idle to properly cool. I can hold the RPM over 1K and it cools right down. I suggest finding a smaller water pump pulley to turn the water pump faster at idle. I wish I had the dough for a high output alternator and an electric water pump as well as power steering pump.

didnt see it mentioned but I bet you are not getting all of the air out of the cooling system, resulting in overheating while idling in traffic.

All the hardware in the world is junk if you are not willing to take the time to fill the damn thing correctly.

didnt see it mentioned but I bet you are not getting all of the air out of the cooling system, resulting in overheating while idling in traffic.

All the hardware in the world is junk if you are not willing to take the time to fill the damn thing correctly.

It's a 1997 with an open cooling system, it's not like the older closed systems that are finnicky as hell and don't burp themselves.

Back