• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Never Again

MrsGoodburbon

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so...anyone remember me saying why Brandon wasn't allowed to drive my Jeep? Well, for those of you who were not around for that conversation, I will enlighten you..."Brandon keeps breaking his own Jeep, so he is not allowed to drive mine." Well, today I felt bad and let him drive it on the trails in the Hammond area. Mistake... He managed to bend my tie rod and do something to my rear alignment which is now causing my Jeep to literally eat through my left rear tire. Amazing how I have managed to NOT break anything mechanical on my Jeep, but the one time I let Brandon near it...Wow. Ok, that is all...I just needed to rant a little. If I don't get it out on here, Brandon may suffer a little... :twak:

P.S. I won something from the raffle. I got a Jeep soft-side cooler and a Jeep Thermos :)

and the guy that won the roadside assistance kit at our raffle, and won an FSJ from another raffle, won a hi lift jack.

And the couple in our local club who just bought a JK 4 door 4wd and wheeled the crap out of it this weekend won a set of 4 interco tires of their choice, size up to 37".

goodburbon said:
and the guy that won the roadside assistance kit at our raffle, and won an FSJ from another raffle, won a hi lift jack.

And the couple in our local club who just bought a JK 4 door 4wd and wheeled the crap out of it this weekend won a set of 4 interco tires of their choice, size up to 37".

WOW that would be sweet to win the tires!!!

Dang.... no good. At least you got to keep some raffle winnings this time. Just make Brandon fix yours before he fixes his.... that'll teach him! I know you females have a way of getting men to do things....... its called nagging! ;)

Well first we put on the spare halfway home to prevent the loss of a good MTR. Got back to town and stopped at vatozone for a tie rod. I bought one from them about 4 years ago when I bent mine. Girl behind the counter goes through the usual, year, make, model, engine, 4wd/2wd, and then asks what we wanted.

The exchange went something like this.

Tie rod.
Tie rod end?
no, tie rod.
you mis-spelled it on your computer screen.
that doesn't matter it will still show up, look on this picture, there is no such thing as a tie rod are you sure it's not a tie rod end.
That is a picture of an independent front suspension system.
Oh you have rack and pinion?
No I have a steering gear box. Look, I have bought a tie rod here before.
Maybe it's called something else? (proceeds to type CV halfshaft into computer)
No, it's called a tie rod, it is made by spicer, I know you carry it, I have bought one here before.
made by WHO?
Spicer, Dana Spicer.
You're confusing me.
Thanks, have a good day.

That wasn't the complete extent of the conversation, as there was some discussion of center link, drag link, and pitman arm mixed in there as I tried to explain to her that I wanted a tie rod. WTF do these morons think a tie rod end goes on?

consequently Katy is driving with the same tie rod, bent back into shape.

So now Katy... are you going to stand firm this time?

As for the tie rod. Around here when you bend or break something... We UP GRADE!

I bought a whole tie rod end assy because they don't sell cotter keys at autozone and I just needed the cotter key. Surprisingly, you get a new cotter key with every tie rod end.

why replace it with the same thin tubed pos?

Because she needed to drive it to work the next morning, and 300 bucks for heavy duty steering is a bit over our budget this week. We can't all be ballers like you Ramsey.

By the way she drove it to work this morning, and yours is where? on jackstands mr upgrade, so stfu, :D

xxmidianxx said:
So now Katy... are you going to stand firm this time?
GRADE!

Oh yes, I think he has proved that he is incapable of driving an XJ offroad without breaking it in some way. :D Love you Brandon!

xxmidianxx said:
As for the tie rod. Around here when you bend or break something... We UP GRADE!

Well, if it hadn't been so easy to bend back (by easy, I mean I sat on the couch while Brandon bent it back :wave1:), we prolly would have looked into that. But like Brandon said, not the best time for spending that kinda money :)

Back