• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

neutral safety swith bypass?

thought it was b and c and before you do anything permenant like cutting the wires id take a razor knife and expose just enough of the wire to get a jumper wire on and see if in fact thats your problem you might elimenate the nss for no reason and thats just bad planning

thought it was b and c and before you do anything permenant like cutting the wires id take a razor knife and expose just enough of the wire to get a jumper wire on and see if in fact thats your problem you might elimenate the nss for no reason and thats just bad planning

what is a jumper wire???

this is what the FSM says about the switch. the terminals for the four-speed transmission neutral switch connector are shown about, the chart shows when contiunlty should exist beteen the terminals, when in park or neutral continulty should exist between B and C; when in reverse between A and E; when in 3rd between A and G; when in 1st or 2nd between A and H

so does that mean i want to connect the B and C?

so im pretty sure my nss is shot and that is why my jeep isnt starting, i was t old i can bypass it by attaching a couple wires together

can some please explain this more clearly to me? which wires do i put together asthere are a few going from the nss to the plug?

also are there any cons to doing this?

Here is what I did for my 1997 XJ... I hope that it helps

http://webpages.charter.net/laurajeff44/NSS/nss.htm

This is the 90 connector

NSS_1.jpg

don't cut them, leave them intact. All you are doing is splicing B and C together to make continuity in the starting circuit ground (which the NSS does when it is working).

Wait a sec, dont cut them, two of them go to your reverse lights!

Ok i just went and looked at my notes from when i did it and I think a & e together make ther reverse lights go, that is brown with a yellow stripe and yellow. What year is your jeep?

Last edited:
Mine is an 88 so it should work for yours too.

Back