• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Needed: Detailed engine specs

Rob Patterson

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for detailed engine specs for any and all 4.0's. I have Engine Analyzer 3.0 program and would like to test different engine mods. I'm looking for the most detail possible; like head flow numbers, valve sizes, flow effiency, port volume, port cross section, chamber size, piston dish, TB CFM flow rate, intake runner length and cross section, exhaust manifold/header length and diameter, all cam specs, rod lengths, etc. Any info would be appreciated or any links to sites that can provide this info. I will also post results after I get some specs.

Thanks,
Rob Patterson
NAXJA Member 461

I could possibly find the stuff I dont already know, but will be best by email.

Have you checked the strokers egroup? That's where I got a good deal of what I have, and I've been assembling the rest into files for Desktop Dyno. Will Engine Analyser accept DD files, or are the formats incompatible?

I've not typed up the raw data yet, but I could - given a couple nights or so...

5-90

did you ever find the info you were looking for?

I found some on a website that was posted on JU.

I could possibly find the stuff I dont already know, but will be best by email.

If you could find the info, I would greatly appreciate an e-mail.

Have you checked the strokers egroup? That's where I got a good deal of what I have, and I've been assembling the rest into files for Desktop Dyno. Will Engine Analyser accept DD files, or are the formats incompatible?

I haven't checked them yet, but that is a good idea. I am not sure if EA will accept DD files. It would be interesting to put the same data in both programs and compare output. Right now, some of my data is incorrect because I'm getting low numbers for a stock HO motor. I will play with it some more and post my reults in a day or two.

Rob Patterson
NAXJA Member 461

I'll assemble what I've got over the next day or so, but check out the "strokers" group (groups.yahoo.com/group/strokers) and look up Greg Friedman's page, Dino Savva's page, and roll thru the tech archies there. I think I also have an electronic copy of Jeep Engines somewhere, if you want to hit me backchannel (searchable .pdf, and I have some of the 4.0 sections broken out.)

Bounce me an email or a PM if you want to discuss the book, and remind me sometime to-morrow night about the assembled information. I've got a lot of OEM stuff, with airflow #'s, but I've also been assembling info on aftermarket cams as well, and have most of them by now...

5-90

Back