• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to fix oil leak ASAP

Check the distributor to engine seal too. My seal got left out and leaked. Fixed it then the internal Distributor seal went and soaked the inside of my cap and rotor before leaking everywhere next. I did finally get that suker leak free after 5 trys!:D

Distributor, oil filter adapter orings, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket and F & R seals, and then retighening the VC bolts.

afjeep2082 said:
UPDATE sorry this is taking me so long but I finally had time to change my seals on the oil filter adapter,

IF YOU HAVE A 93 CHEROKEE IT"S NOT A T-60 TROX ITS A 9/16th ALLEN!!!

Sorry well with that out of the way all that came out of the change was cleaning and new seals on the adapter, oil leak is still there :-(. This is a hard one to find, I am pretty positive it's not my valve cover. Next week I have a few days off with the kid and mom gone so I think I am going to re-seal the valve cover anyways, just in case, and re seal the timeing chain cover allong with replaceing the oil slinger. Clean up the engine and HOPE I got it. I am tired of driveing and oil being thrown up on my windshield :-(

Ecomike said:
Distributor, oil filter adapter orings, valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket and F & R seals, and then retighening the VC bolts.

That's the plan....might as well do them all :idea: it will be a long weekend :passgas:

LOL I will have to take pictures for you guys when I get home on thursday. I have oil all over my passenger side of engine (driver side completely dry) and during a long drive it will begen to somehow come up allong the side of the hood and from there it blows onto the windshield....I think:confused1

I think my fan is blowing the oil or wind from high speeds is blowing it, not quite sure...all i know is afterwards I have a mess to clean up. Not to mention lots of oil dropplets under the heep.

Back