• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some winch tech.. Toss it or Fix it?

Rockdrummer93

NAXJA Forum User
So had my bumper and winch off for about a month waiting to have my unibody fixed. When I finally go to put it all back together and hooked up the winch no work.. All it did was click the solenoids but did not turn the drum.. Yesterday I pulled the electrical side housing off just to take a look in side. and rust is all I see. I was able to get the Drum to move so its not locked up just still something is wrong.. It is a rough country 9500lb thats been a little work horse for the past 5 years. But don't know if it could be an easy fix or not worth the trouble... what y'all think?

Fix it! It could be something a simple as cleaning all the cable connections.

Pull the cover plate on the end of the electric motor, look for corrosion there. I cleaned up a Superwinch for a friend who had submerged it a few times. We learned his winch motor was not watertight. I was still able to rehab it, made a science project out of it, and had fun along the way. Cleanup starts at post #90: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?11126-Winch-won-t-work/page5

Back