• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some welding assistance...

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So as some know, I can't use my welder till the wiring at my parents house has been upgraded.
I'm off work for Christmas break till the 5th of jan. so these two weeks I'm hoping to get a few things done.
Willing to pay in beer/pizza/cigs to spend some time helping me build these thing for me:
1. Relocate my shock mounts to the axle tube on my 8.25 axle. I've looked and read and it's should be a simple cut, place, burn.
2. Steering box brace, I have a YJ/FSJ steering box with the additional 4th hole and would like to make a brace that will replace the aluminum one.
There is a couple less important ones that can be discussed later but those two are the important ones.
I can bring some of my tools also, and if you need help on something on your rig, ill gladly help out. Just want to get those two things done right now. Let me know, greatly appreciate it

Box brace should only take like 20 min as ill have the material for it, I'm going to try and have the shape cut out and spacers at length. Still looking up what the I.d. Should be for the 3-4 bolt holes of the box.

Cutting and relocating tge the rear shock mounts- give or take I imagine 1hour ish. Either jack the rear up and work with the axle connected or drop the axle and do it like that.

what do you need? 220? im wired for it if you want to use your welder. or you can use mine if you want. I am unsure exactly what you are in need of, but im willing to help out.

what do you need? 220? im wired for it if you want to use your welder. or you can use mine if you want. I am unsure exactly what you are in need of, but im willing to help out.

In need of a welder lol the wiring at my parents house can't handle my welder without popping fuses lol
Basically the shock mounts on the rear axle hang low, there is pics and info showing how to cut it off while leaving enough metal to mount the shock stud directly on the axle tube. Not below. Being as I'm poor as sh** lol I figured this move would not only help in clearance but allow me to still use my original shock on a higher lift. Instead of getting 3" lift shocks for my 3" lift, this mod should allow me to use stock shocks or a little longer shock

Im a little far, but i have welder angle grinder and misc. flat metal. if no one closer to you can help and you wanna take the drive come on up to Washougal ill be home sunday taking down Christmas lights, maybe doing some led strip lights on the underside

Im a little far, but i have welder angle grinder and misc. flat metal. if no one closer to you can help and you wanna take the drive come on up to Washougal ill be home sunday taking down Christmas lights, maybe doing some led strip lights on the underside

Ya I can let you know Saturday night if nothing else pops up. I appreciate it.

Ya like I said earlier, should only need at most 2 hours top. I got all my tools, flap disk/cutting/grinding/primer/metal/etc... Just need the welder lol

Back