• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need new steering knuckles

It's a rural / poor area - you won't find a WJ at Kilroy's :)
But yes, 99-04 "WJ" grand cherokees won't be a simple swap, only the 93-98

TJ's also use the same knuckles as XJ/ZJ
For ball joints, I would go with AlloyUSA at a minimum. Synergy seem to be the best available.

Last edited:
Not sure if 1990 would work for you, but I have a set in the garage left over from my WJ steering upgrade. They are yours if you want 'em. I live in Antioch, but I'll be in Tahoe next weekend if you want to meet up.

Not sure if 1990 would work for you, but I have a set in the garage left over from my WJ steering upgrade. They are yours if you want 'em. I live in Antioch, but I'll be in Tahoe next weekend if you want to meet up.

If you have the one-piece knuckles with the caliper bracket built-in then they will be plug n pray. IF they are the 2-piece knuckles that have the removable caliper bracket, they will not work.

c31d8ea3f6815ab2ded19f59d0197b7f.jpg
4231b47e94085d12210308b8df188b91.jpg

Here they are. Let me know if you can use 'em.

Hey raptor thx for the offer- Yossarian and some other have said 91-01 direct swap, I'll have to do a bit of research about a 90xj. How are the ears/slides looking, holes not bored out, etc.? Hard to tell condition from pics. If they're good, how did you end up with knuckles with no wear? My grooves were super deep.

Let me do some searching. I'll try to hit you with a PM. Antioch isn't that far if I borrow my girls car for a day.

Thx-

Don't worry about what I said - it's the one-piece knuckle that you want.

Back