• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help from the collective :)

exoedxj

NAXJA Forum User
So here is the deal - The buggy is shifting funny.

1st seems ok - 2nd seems ok - 3rd seems ok - 4th to 5th seems weird - here is the deal I have a 3 speed Auto!!!!

What is my rig doing? If feels like it goes from 1st to 2nd, then 2nd to 3rd and finally from 3rd to a 4th immediate 5th combo........

I also noticed the other day out wheeling, that in 2hi and the front tires against a rock I couldn't get the rear tires to spin until she was floored.

I have heard about a switch that Locks and UnLocks the converter when the brake pedal is pushed. I have also heard that there is a speed sensor that the computer needs to control the transmission.

I have an ATLAS on the buggy and there is no cable coming off of it and the speed-o does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thats probably your issue then, your computer isn't getting a speed signal so its like, "WTF?"

What vintage computer system/AW4 are you running?

I will be looking more into it tomorrow evening - I will post up more info as I get it - such as computer labeling and specifics off of the transmission.

More interested in if it is Renix or HO.

I will look into if further and give more info..... :)

What year is it? That'll help determine Renix or HO.

Stock 1991 or 1994 XJ cannot remember if I was told whether the Tranny was swapped when the Engine was.

Back